Skip to main content
To add the major or minor
- Go to the department office (KA 277) to receive general information
- Meet with a Politics professor for academic advising.
- Complete the Change of Academic Program form online to declare the major/minor.
- Check progress for approvals from Professor Wibben, CASA and the Registrar.
To add a concentration
- Talk to your faculty adviser about possible choices: POLT, POLG, POLJ.
- Complete the Change of Academic Program form online to declare the concentration.
- Use the drop-down menu on the CoAP to find "The Politics of...." and selecting desired concentration.
- Check progress for approvals from Professor Wibben, CASA and the Registar.
To study abroad
- Go to the Center for Global Education (LM 340) to find/choose a program.
- Fill out the Interest Form.
- Meet with adviser(s) to discuss which classes from study abroad will count for major/minor. The adviser(s) will take notes to record what was discussed.
- Turn in application for study abroad to Center for Global Education by December 1st.
- Once accepted, fill out PEAI form (see next instructions).
To fill out the Petition to Enroll at Another Institution (PEAI) form
- Receive form from Center for Global Education (LM 340). It should be stamped to specify the type of credit the student will be receiving, which is contingent upon the program the student is doing.
- Fill out the classes they will take while abroad in the left column.
- Take the form to the registrar (LM 217), who will determine transfer credit for those courses.
- Meet with track/region adviser to discuss specific classes they will be taking abroad and how they will transfer into the major upon completion.
- Meet with Professor Wibben (KA 218) to receive the "department chair" signature. Have Spencer (KA 277) scan a copy for your file.
- Take the form to CASA (UC 3rd Floor) to get the Dean's Office signature.
- Bring the form back to the Center for Global Education for any further instructions
To do a Politics graduation check
- File for graduation with the Graduation Center
- Fill out the Politics checklists on the back of your Four-Year plan (use the Degree Evaluation; access via the myUSF Student Self Service > Student Records), showing completion of requirements (meet with your adviser if needed).
- Meet with Professor Wibben (KA 218), who will review the checklist and give the final Politics graduation approval.
- Bring the completed and signed checklists to the department office (KA 277).