Start-Ups and Tech Jobs
Casual: It’s always important to come across as professional, even when interviewing with a casual startup. Opt for a more polished look, even if it is still a casual one.
- Collared shirt or nice blouse.
- Khakis or dark-wash denim. If you opt for denim, keep it stylish and structured and free of holes or rips.
- Dresses and skirts should be at or just above knee length (no sundresses or spaghetti straps).
- Jackets or sweaters should fit well and be in good condition.
- Nice casual shoes should be clean and in good condition. Do not wear worn out or scuffed shoes! Flats, stylish street sneakers or loafers are appropriate; running shoes or flip-flops are not.
- Facial hair should be clean shaven or neatly trimmed.
- Hair should be neatly combed and out of your face.
- Make-up should be subtle.
- Avoid strong perfumes or cologne.
- Nails should be clean and neat.