- To develop and enhance the essential academic skills needed to successfully meet the demands of the University’s rigorous academic curriculum.
- To build a bridge between the participants’ home communities and the USF learning community through exploration of the participants’ cultural values and perspectives, and by gaining an understanding of one’s own unique process of growth and development.
- To explore the values, skills and knowledge needed to function effectively as part of a multicultural university and world.
- To provide a collaborative and mutually supportive learning environment that recognizes and promotes the value of a college education.
- To help participants take advantage of campus resources and opportunities in order to succeed as scholars and as student leaders.