Academic Success Coach
Areas of Interest
- Coaching 1st-year students who may be struggling with emotional, intellectual, relational, or physical challenges
- Enhancing under-served students' retention and academic performance Challenge and support students to develop skills to achieve holistic success
- Empowering and motivating students to recognize and live up to their full potential
- Provide support to international students as they acclimate to the culture of the university and the country
- Academic coaching for students on Academic Probation or "high risk"
- BA, Psychology and a Minor in Philosophy at Stony Brook University
- MSW, Master of Social Work with a Concentration in Student Community Development at Stony Brook University
Year Started at USF: 2016
Hometown: Queens, NY
- I love sunsets and rainbows
- Playing in nature calms me and rejuvenates my spirit...hiking, swimming, and cycling are just a few of my favorites!
- I enjoy laughing so comedies, family time and corny jokes lift my spirits.
- I'm an advocate for social justice and I love volunteering in the community.
- I love learning about new cultures thus traveling is a huge passion of mine. I've been to most of Europe and some of Latin America, the Caribbean, and Africa. My next bucket list item is to explore Asia!