Charlene P. Lobo Soriano
Associate Dean, Retention and Persistence Programs
Director of Academic Development and Technological Innovation in Advising
Areas of Interest
- First Generation College Students
- Underrepresented Student Populations
- Muscat Scholars Program
- New Technologies
- Social Media
- Ed.D., International and Multicultural Education, University of San Francisco
- MS, Counseling, emphasis on College Counseling, San Francisco State University
- BA, French, University of California, Davis
- National Academic Advising Association
- American Counseling Association
Year Started at USF: 2000
Hometown: San Francisco, CA
- I enjoy taking care of my family.
- I speak French and a little Spanish.
- I am one of those rare San Francisco natives - born and raised! I love all San Francisco teams. GO NINERS AND GO GIANTS!
- I love gadgets and anything related to technology! Totally an Apple person and an early adopter, yet I don't have an iPhone.
- Crafting..literally or figuratively.
- One of my favorite things is discovering new restaurants in San Francisco. I'm always on the search for good ramen.
- I love music and pretty diverse tastes. Have any suggestions for me?
- I strongly believe in mentoring and am very proud to serve as the program chair for the Foreword Summer Bridge Program/Muscat Scholars Program, a pre-college program for incoming first generation first-year students at USF.