Fall 2020 FAQ
Last updated August 12, 2020
The instructor of the course will determine ways in which all activities can be accomplished for a remote course, including mailing kits to each student or accomplishing the outcomes with easily found objects.
Yes, as long as the remote classes are offered by USF.
Students will be contacted if classes are cancelled.
Students will be able to see on their schedules the capacity and the number of students already enrolled in the class.
We are offering intensive trainings in several different areas for remote and online teaching, as well as for educational technologies like Zoom and Canvas. The faculty and student surveys regarding experience with remote instruction in Spring 2020 are informing these training workshops.
Access to Technology
ITS does not provide loaner laptops to students. However, students with a demonstrated financial hardship can instead apply for the Student Laptop Donation Program. Students can also apply for webcams through this program. For more information, visit the Dean of Students website.
Fees & Tuition
- The Transportation Fee was removed for all undergraduate students for fall semester. MUNI passes will not be provided. The fee reversal will appear on your account as an offset to the original transportation fee charge.
ASUSF Activity Fee
- The ASUSF Student Activity Fee provides undergraduate student activities, services, programs, and initiatives. All undergraduate students will be assessed the fall semester student activity fee and will maintain access to virtual events, programs and services provided to them by their membership in ASUSF. Students will also have the ability to participate in student organizations remotely.
Student Health Insurance
The fall semester due date is August 1.
In terms of dropping registration for a course tuition reversal, it depends.
- If you are still registered for other classes, the September 4 census date is the last day to drop classes with a refund.
- If you are taking a Leave of Absence (LOA) or withdrawing from the University for the term, the last day would be before the first day of class or you would be subject to the prorated tuition/refund charge.
Please see the USF refund policy for more details.
Students do not pay a deposit for student housing. The only deposit paid is your Statement of Intent to Register (SIR) to the university. Students who had an assignment or application on file on July 15 had that assignment or application cancelled.
If you had a fee on your student account for dining and/or housing fees you should receive a credit to your student account to balance out the original charge.
Students who still need housing for Fall 2020 must apply through the USFRooms housing portal for Fall 2020 Essential Housing Support.
No. The Pass grade option was offered for the spring 2020 semester only due to the rapid switch to remote learning in response to the COVID-19 outbreak.
Safety Protocols for In-Person and Hybrid Exception Courses
- Facilities Management has walked through each classroom on the Hilltop Campus and has determined the maximum occupancy for that class based on physical distancing requirements.
- Markers were placed on the floor identifying where chairs should be placed and should remain to ensure social distancing is maintained. Desks should not be moved from these circles.
- Maximum capacity signage was placed in each classroom. Capacity was calculated by number of students plus one instructor. Capacity for the specific classroom must be adhered to.
- Signage was placed in each classroom to indicate proper distancing protocols.
- Additional furniture was removed from classrooms to help ensure distancing.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times in the classroom by students and faculty.