Crisis Management and Behavioral Intervention Team
The purpose of the Crisis Management and Behavioral Intervention Team (CMBIT) is to proactively identify, assess, and offer a coordinated institutional response to community members who pose a risk or disruption to themselves, others and/or the campus community. The CMBIT contributes to USF’s goal of keeping students on-track to graduate, as well as helping to promote a healthier and safer campus community.
The CMBIT is composed of professional staff from the following departments:
- Center for Academic and Student Achievement
- Counseling and Psychological Services
- Department of Public Safety
- International Student and Scholar Services
- Office of Student Conduct, Rights and Responsibilities
- Office of the Dean of Students
- Student Disability Services
- Student Housing and Residential Education
The team meets weekly and is activated whenever the assessed risk will benefit from proactive intervention or requires response. The team develops and/or implements procedures to mitigate risks. Everything discussed at CMBIT meetings is confidential.