Reporting FAQs

Should I tell a student I am making a report?

If you are comfortable doing so, tell the student that you are concerned and ask if they are okay. They are often appreciative of the concern and in many cases, students will ask for help,
 and you can then refer them to Counseling and Psychological Services (Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. 
to 5:00 p.m.) at (415) 422-6352 and/or the Office of the Dean of Students at
 (415) 422-5330.

If they are unwilling to seek help on their own, you can still let them know that you are going to refer them to staff members that can help and they should expect someone to outreach to them soon.

What happens after I make the referral?

The Office of the Dean of Students and/or CMBIT will review your report and make a decision about whether a CMBIT intervention is necessary, or whether the student should 
be referred to another office that can better handle the situation. All incident reports are treated seriously and are reviewed.

How do I know if I should go to CMBIT or another office?

The CMBIT will make this determination for you. Simply report the situation to the CMBIT and the team members will take care of the rest.