Fall Health Fair Guests
On October 1, 2019, the following guests joined us at our annual Fall Health Fair to provide a flu shot, free health screenings & self-care resources, and off-campus employment, internship and volunteer opportunities.
- Walgreens - Get your annual flu shot.
- Dignity Health Medical Group - Ask a doctor your medically related questions.
- GoHealth Urgent Care - Free Blood Pressure check.
- UCSF Department of Dental Services - Get a free dental screening and learn about proper hygiene.
- Latch & So Chiropractic - Free posture assessment.
- USF Nursing Student Association - Get Your Vitals Checked from Nursing Students.
- UCSF Alliance Health Project - Free HIV testing (must go to Gleeson Plaza)
Nutrition and Fitness
- USF Bon Appetit - Sample a Kale Shot and Granola Bite.
- Barry's Bootcamp - Come for a fitness demo and learn about employment opportunities.
- Corepower Yoga - Demos will be available and learn how to get involved.
- Bay Area Dietetic Association - Get helpful nutrition education tips.
- Topo Chico - Try a nice refreshing mineral water sample.
- USF Koret and Recreation Center - Learn how to stay active throughout the semester.
- Adult Congenital Heart Association - Learn about congenital heart disease and how you can get involved.
- American Red Cross of the Bay Area - Learn how you can make a difference in your community.
- Asian American Donor Program - Learn about volunteer/internship opportunities or signup to become a bone marrow donor.
- Breathe California - Volunteer/Internship Opportunities.
- California Health Collaborative's Every Woman Counts (EWC) program - Free screenings and education on breast and cervical cancer. Volunteer/internship opportunities also available.
- Clinic by the Bay - get involved with a volunteer-powered health clinic that provides high-quality, primary care to the hard working uninsured men and women in our community.
- HealthRIGHT 360 - Learn how to get involved. Volunteer, internship, and paid opportunities available.
- Institute of Aging - Learn about volunteer/internship opportunities, and get some great resources.
- On Lok - Dedicated to promoting the care for seniors. Learn how you can get involved.
- Project Open Hand - Volunteer/Internship Opportunities.
- San Francisco AIDS Foundation - Learn about volunteer/internship opportunities and what this org does for our SF community.
- SF War (San Francisco Women Against Rape) - Learn about volunteer/internship opportunities, and get some great resources.
- Scoot - Learn about this eco-friendly company, and score an employment/internship opportunity.
- Sutter Health CPMC - Volunteer/Internship opportunities and excellent resources.
- Seneca Family of Agencies - Connect with the Human Resources Recruiter regarding various opportunities.
- SFUSD Healthy Choices AmeriCorps (available 11am-12:30pm) - Learn about their internship opportunities and get experience in school health programs.
- YMCA of San Francisco - Volunteer/Internship Opportunities.
Activities and Resources
- Aetna Student Health - Learn about the USF-endorsed student health insurance.
- ASUSF Senate - Do you have comments or issues you want to share for the SONHP representative?
- Cal Academy of Science - Learn about this awesome San Francisco science museum.
- USF BreatheEasyUSF - Get to know our Clean Air Marshals and learn about our tobacco-free policy.
- USF Counseling and Psychological Services - Great resources available from this on-campus office.
- USF Cultural Centers - Learn about upcoming events that focus on student health and wellness.
- USF Emergency Medical Response Services - Talk to an EMT (Emergency Medical Technician), and learn what they do to keep our campus healthy and safe.
- USF Instructional Technology and Training - Learn more about VR in education from this on-campus office.
- USF Off Campus Living - Learn how to make natural cleaning agents and other great resources.
- USF Relationship Violence Awareness Month - Learn more and get involved.
- Young People in Recovery - This organization provides peer support and life skills to young people who are recovering from substance use disorder.
Check back here as our list continues to grow.