Health Outreach Team Program
The University of San Francisco’s Health Promotion Services (HPS) are looking for volunteers to join our Health Outreach Team. The HPS staff will support the volunteers in developing their public health knowledge, leadership, communication skills, and supplement their academic knowledge with practical experience in health education outreach.
Peer Educator Training
Every semester, we will offer mandatory orientation and training for students who want to join our Health Outreach Team. After the training, volunteers will have the opportunity to become certified peer educators through the BACCHUS Initiatives of NASPA.
- Must complete 12 hours certified peer educator training available every semester.
- Must volunteer for at least 2 events per semester.
- Must attend meetings every 3-4 weeks per semester.
- Commit at least 1-2 hours per week to plan outreach activities or do assigned duties.
- Communicate well with other volunteers in the team on assigned duties.
- Plan and implement health education outreach on campus.
- Assist in creating posters and flyers for outreach events.
- Participate in focus groups.
- Conduct health outreach on social media, or communicate well with volunteers on the Social Media and Marketing Team.
- Strong interest and passion for public health and health education outreach.
- Strong time management skills.
- Responsible, reliable and punctual.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Good communication skills, including a willingness to speak in front of an audience.
- Ability to work well autonomously, and as part of a team.
- Ability to thoughtfully receive constructive feedback.
- Flexible and adaptable personality.
- Non-judgmental attitude.
- Students with health-related majors preferred.
- Peer educators can be nationally certified by the BACCHUS Peer Education Network.
- Gain excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Be up to date on health promotion, health education, program planning, and outreach.
- Gain a practical work experience in public health.
- Receive letters of recommendation based on their performance and commitment.
- Other fringe benefits.