GoUSF: Family Well-Being Challenge 2014
Thank you to everyone who participated in the Family Well-Being Challenge! During this three-week challenge, co-workers, friends and/or family members bonded together in 37 teams of 4-6 people to focus on all dimensions of their health, including physical, nutritional, spiritual/emotional and social wellness. Congratulations to the top three teams who earned the most points!
- Live Shrimp (Alan Ho, team captain)
- Team Nicole 1 (Nicole Nguyen, team captain)
- Nic and the Girls (Nicki Le, team captain)
These teams chose from a variety of prizes, including Koret massages, catered lunches and bookstore gift cards. Additionally, those who completed a post-challenge survey had a chance to win a Fitbit! The winners of the survey raffle are:
- Michele Centrella – HR
- Brandi Lawless – A&S
- Courtney Resnick – A&S
- Ricah de Leon – Development
- Mariette Parekh – San Jose Campus Office
Post-Event Survey Results
A survey was sent to all participants, and 56 people responded.
- For 16 people, this was their first GoUSF challenge.
- 5 out of the 56 participants who responded to the survey were faculty members.
- The teams represented departments from across the University, including CASA, HR, A&S, SOE, SOM, Law, OCM, IT, ISSS, ABS, General Council, Office of the Registrar, Student Life, McCarthy Center, Development, Koret, a couple of families, and the Pleasanton, San Jose and Presidio campuses.
- Physical wellness was everyone’s favorite health dimension to focus on.
- The best part of the challenge was working together and getting to know teammates better.
- The majority of people heard about the challenge from the GoUSF email or a co-worker.
- People bonded with teams outside of the workplace and outside of their departments.
- The prizes rocked!