Information for New EPAF Users
Banner EPAF System Access
An Electronic Personnel Action Form (EPAF) is an online form in Banner, the University's Administrative System Suite, that allows for paperless processing of job actions for employees. There are two types of EPAF users:
- EPAF Initiators: create and void EPAF transactions but cannot approve EPAFs, and
- EPAF Approvers: approve or acknowledge EPAF transactions and identify a proxy when unavailable to perform an action.
Before gaining access to the Banner EPAF system, both EPAF initiators and EPAF approvers must submit a completed security form:
If you would like to request an EPAF training session, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
References and Guides
EPAF users can access the following references and guides to assist with submitting and approving EPAFs.
- EPAF and Business Process FAQ
- Full-time and Adjunct Faculty Prehire Onboarding FAQ
- Timesheet Organization (P-Org) Numbers and Approvers
- Employee E-Class and Position Classifications
- EPAF Submission Schedule and Deadlines
- EPAF Training Guides: General Information
- EPAF Training Guides for Initiators
- EPAF Training Guides for Approvers
EPAFs for Self or Relatives
EPAF users should not submit any EPAFs to affect their own or a family member's personnel record. Any EPAF that employees submit for themselves or a family member will be returned with a request that the EPAF be voided and that their proxy should re-submit it on their behalf. For more information about how to designate a proxy, please review the general information EPAF training guides.