2020 Spring Break Study Tour to China
- Faculty: Profs. Liang Wang and Roger Chen
- Course name: BUS 397-01 China AGI
- Date: March 8-15th, 2020.
- Cost: $700
- Where: Shenzhen (Silicon Valley of hardware), China
- Units: 4
- Info Sessions: 10/25th, 11/2nd, and 11/8th (all start @1:00pm) Zoom Meeting ID: 905 903 742
Program Fee: $700 (USF China Business studies Initiative, CBSI, will subsidize the rest cost of the program cost wich will be much higher), This fee covers hotels, some meals & all the mandatory group activities in China. Students will pay for the visa fee, the international airfare, some meals, plus other incidental costs. If you need financial support, you can apply for a scholarship (up to $500), pending approval (ISAP students will have a separate policy).
China AGI is designed for students to develop a holistic view of China’s rise as a technology and innovation powerhouse and the global impacts, with a focus on the challenges of and strategies for Chinese multinational corporations (MNCs) that innovate to compete in the global markets. This is a special China Business course.
Students will visit tech companies, incubators and universities. In this study trip course, students will have opportunities to engage in discussions and dialogues with Chinese students. They will also have opportunities to network with leading scholars, experts, business executives, etc.
Activities in China:
- Planning to visit at least ONE famous companies (e.g., Alibaba, Huawei, Tencent, Dajiang-leader in the global Drone market).
- Visiting cutting edge tech companies (promise to visit a foldable screen company) & tech incubators.
- Interacting with Chinese students.
- Learning Chinese culture and social environment
Zoom Info Sessions
10/25th, 11/2nd, and 11/8th (all start @1:00pm)
- Zoom Meeting ID: 905 903 742
- Dial-in #: +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
- Using a computer (if you do not have a zoom app):
- Go to https://zoom.us
- Click “Join a Meeting” (located at the top row, the right side of the site)
- Enter meeting ID, click “join”, then click “Open Zoom Meetings”