International Leadership Seminar: Becoming a Global Citizen, Salzburg Austria
Where You Stand Determines What You See -- and How You Lead
- Faculty: Walt Gmelch (email@example.com) and Noah Borrero (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Course name: This program is open to all students at USF, both undergraduate and graduate.
- Undergraduate: INTD-395-01 Special Topics: Global Citizenship (2-3 Semester Credit Hours)
- Graduate: O&L-600/700-01 Special Topics: Global Citizenship
(3 Semester Credit Hours)
- Date: May 23 to May 31, 2023
- Info Session:
- In-person: January 21, 2023 (12:15 PM, ED 105 - with free pizza!)
- Online: January 26, 2023, 5PM (Zoom ID: 517 422 2628 )
- Cost: Tuition + $800 Program Fee (flights not included in program fee)
What to expect in this Immersion
Morning classes will explore social and global issues from a non-American perspective, including Mapping Ethnocentrism, The Role of Globalization, and Creating Inclusive Societies.
Classes conducted by international scholars. Afternoons will include team projects, guest lectures, and cultural activities.
Reasons to participate:
- Exposure and interaction with cultures.
- Build strong leadership and international skills for the future.
- Gain ideas for future scholarships and internships.
- Networking, scholarship opportunities with international peers.
- Ability to understand a different culture aids in workplace cohesion
- Employers seek students with global experience and multicultural understanding.
- Early Application Due Jan. 20, 2023
- Application Deadline: Feb. 10, 2023
- Review of Applications
- Interviews: Feb. 13-14, 2023
- Notify Students: February 17, 2023
- Deposit Deadline: March 3, 2023