Scholarships and Funding
At Global Immersions, we try to create resources and media that reflect and portray the experience students have during their immersions. We focus on content that engages and inspires students, help guide reflections, deepens the understanding of the task at hand and keeps everyone safe during immersions.
We enroll students help to create this, by offering Scholarship Assistantships for immersion. Students usually take on one role, that requires their commitment before, during and after the immersion. We ask all our Student Assistants to read our “How to ethically document your immersion” guide.
The Assistantships positions available for each immersion are:
- Recorder: photographs or video, and social media.
- Journalist: reflections and news
- Researcher: collect context information and create a contact list
Each year, thanks to our gracious donors, we are able to give out grants to students that show passion, and who without financial assistance, would not be able to participate in the Immersions.
Social Media Contest.
1st Prize of $500 towards program cost (1) and 2nd Prize of $250 towards program cost (1).
- To participate you have to meet the following eligibility requirements.
- Apply to a 2019-2020 Arrupe Immersion.
- Like and share the "Arrupe Immersion Social Media Contest" post (University Ministry FB, Twitter and IG) on your social media platform (submit screenshot evidence to email@example.com).
- Describe in the caption why you went on an Immersion or why you are looking forward to one.
- Most importantly, make a call to action and ask your audience, to apply to the Arrupe Immersions and reference your name in their application (question #16), these referrals will be counted to determine the winner.
- You have until 11:59pm on Sunday, September 30th, 2020 to submit your post.
- We will keep count and let you know mid-October. Winner will be determined by the retention rate (the number of applications with your name and how many participate in the Arrupe Immersions)
We know that sometimes even with Financial Assistance it is hard to make ends meet for an international trip, that is why we have put together a Fundraising guide to help you meet your goals.
Help us understand your financial needs!
USF's Immersions program is currently participating in a study to better understand the financial need of students applying for co-curricular programs. WHETHER OR NOT you intend to apply for financial assistance, your response is really valuable.
Study participation will not impact program acceptance or aid, but we ask all applicants to click the link and either OPT-IN and RESPOND or OPT-OUT.
To say thank you for taking a few extra minutes to respond to this confidential survey, we will enter interested respondents in a raffle for a $200 visa gift card.