Arrupe Student Leaders
If you've been on an immersion trip during your time at USF, are an undergraduate student, and want to co-lead one of the Arrupe Immersions, consider becoming a Student Leader! As a Student Leader, you will develop leadership skills, assist in the planning and organization of all aspects of an immersion, and most importantly, facilitate an unforgettable immersion experience for your fellow Dons.
Only students who have participated in an immersion during their time at USF are eligible to apply. If you have questions regarding this or would like to get further clarification based on our individual experience, please email Mariana Plazas at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who are Student Leaders?
Student Leaders are a valuable part of the Arrupe Immersion. As a leader, you will be responsible for your group in many ways. By applying you will be committing your time to the organization, fund-raising, and promotion of the Immersions.
Being a Student Leader also has its perks, among them, our leadership training and scholarships for the immersion. (SL only pay a deposit)
Student Leader will be interviewed as part of the process, these are by invitation only, you will receive an email inviting you to come to the office for an interview.
Student Leader Responsibilities:
- Group Communication: letting them know about meetings, deposits, aid.
- Engaging with the group and getting them excited and informed about the immersion.
- Co-organize meetings with the group focusing on integration, information, and funding.
- Help organize fundraising.
- Collect Documents.
- Help students feel comfortable.
- Maintain communication with Immersion Leader.
- Lead some reflections.
- If needed, translate from the local language to English.
- With the Immersion Leader, make sure everything runs smoothly.
- Make sure students are on time.
- Have the group attend post-immersion general meeting.
- Have a post-immersion follow up with the group.
- Collect students Financial Aid Projects (videos, photos, essays)
- Model mature and honest sharing during reflections (students will follow your lead in sharing)
- Be available for 1-1 mentoring and support to participants as the need arises
- Support Resident Ministers/Trip Coordinators and Participants