Submit an online request

ISSS offers online request submission for your convenience. Most request types can be made online. Below are descriptions for each request type that can be submitted online, please read each type carefully to select the correct one.

Status Verification

All other request types

Status Verification 

All new USF international students need to complete their status verification within the first week of their program. Only after you submit this information to ISSS, we can confirm with the U.S. Government that you have arrived and are maintaining your immigration status.

Optional Practical Training (OPT)

OPT is 12 months of work authorization in the student's field of study. For more information about OPT read the  OPT instructions and attend an required OPT workshop. OPT applications will not be accepted by ISSS until the student has attended a workshop within one year of ISSS receiving the application.

STEM Optional Practical Training (OPT)

STEM OPT is a 24 month extension of regular Post-Complete OPT for STEM only majors. For more information about STEM OPT please read the STEM OPT instructions

Curricular Practical Training (CPT)

CPT is work authorization that is part of the students academic program. For more details about CPT eligibility and the needed supporting documents for the application please read the CPT instructions.

Transfer Out

If you are transferring your SEVIS record to another school in the U.S. be sure to follow the proper immigration procedures so that you will stay in active immigration status. For more information, please read Transferring - One Institution to Another.

Return from Leave of Absence

To return to USF you will need to submit a new Certificate of Finances and the ISSS I-20/DS-2019 Request Form, and pay the Express Mail fee online (if international mailing is required). ISSS will create you a new I-20 and mail it to the address provided on the I-20/DS-2019 Request Form.

For more information, please visit our website LOA and Withdrawal.

I-20/DS-2019 Reprint 

If you lost or damaged your I-20/DS-2019 and are enrolled in classes or in an active period of OPT or STEM OPT, you can request a reprint.

Reduced Course Load

F-1 students are required to be enrolled full-time. If you need to drop below full-time read the valid reasons for a Reduced Course Load authorization before dropping your course. If you are requesting a Medical or Academic RCL you need to make an appointment with your ISSS advisor before prior to dropping below full-time.

Program Extension

If your I-20 end date is earlier than the date you will complete all degree requirements then you need to apply for a program extension. Failure to apply for a program extension will result in the loss of your immigration status. Before submitting a Program Extension, please make an appointment with your ISSS advisor to discuss the reason for your extension and the documentation required.

Add a Dependent

Select this request type to add a child or spouse dependent to your J-1 or F-1 status.

Letter Request

ISSS can write you a letter for a new visa, immigration issue, or concurrent enrollment at another school. All other letter requests should be directed to the USF Registrar's Office.

Visa Category Update

Submit a request to show that you are no loner an F-1 or J-1 student or have changed immigration categories.

Update to Previous Request

If you submitted an incomplete request, please send the missing documents.