Governance & Committees
University Information Technology Committee
(Pending update) The University Information Technology Committee is charged by the President with recommending long-term strategies on access, usage, and training, hardware, and software, as well as fiscal and staff support for technology, developing and recommending short- and long-term priorities, acting as a clearinghouse to inform faculty, students, staff, management, and trustees of current “best practices” at USF and throughout the world, coordinating the rational introductions of appropriate, proven technology throughout the educational and administrative infrastructure of the University, coordinating on-campus research and development regarding new uses of technology, and providing technological coordination and support for the University’s distance learning initiatives.
About the Committee
(Pending update) Membership to include six USFFA faculty/librarian positions to be nominated by the USFFA and appointed by the Vice President and Chief Information Officer to three-year terms, eligible for renewal. The Chair is selected by the VP and CIO. Other members to be nominated by the executive officer for the represented group and appointed by the VP and CIO. Developed external to the negotiating process. Bylaws may not contradict language in CBA, e.g., may not usurp rights given to employer under CBA. Management rights and related contract clauses may define the scope of committee deliberations. Committee reports to the VP and CIO.
- Opinder Bawa, Chair, Vice President and Chief Information Officer, ITS
- Additional members - (Pending)
Computing and Communication Subcommittee
Oversee the continuous improvement of ITS communication, collaboration, and computing services
About the Subcommittee
The subcommittee may review and approve updates to existing systems, standards, policies, and procedures, provided such updates do not require new resources. In the event that new resources are required, this subcommittee may make recommendations to the full UITC. The Chair is selected and the charge is approved by the VP and CIO.
- Edmond Kwok, Chair, Staff, ITS
- Wilson Lee, Staff, AES
- Sarah Blackburn, Staff, Communications and Marketing
- Christopher Brooks, Staff, CAS
- Michael Lee, Staff, CAS
- Alex Fedosov, Staff, CAS
- Svetlana Cherches, Staff, Development
- JJ Thorpe, Staff, Facilities
- Alex Mauer, Staff, Facilities
- Randy Souther, Staff, Gleeson
- Kelci Baughman-Mcdowell, Staff, Gleeson
- Marlene Tom, Staff, OMC
- Chris Witte, Staff, SOE
- Daryl Cook, Staff, SOM
- Joey Zafra, Staff, SOM
- Joel Oberstone, Faculty, SOM
- Regina Maniti, Staff, SOM
- Margeaux Holloway, Staff, SONHP
- Nikki Wright, Staff, ITS
- Gustavo Cabezas, Staff, ITS
- Larry Montagna, Staff, ITS
- Carol Cook, Staff, ITS
- Michael Wineke, Staff, ITS
- Christian Monge, Staff, ITS
Banner Governance Subcommittee
The Banner Governance Subcommittee is charged with providing oversight and decision-making authority related to the Banner administrative applications, including Student, Finance, HR, Advancement, Financial Aid, and all associated interfaces. Responsibilities include: recommending and approving significant new cross-functional operating procedures, data retention policies, cross-functional training plans, service integrations, and upgrade schedules; advising on Banner-related product acquisitions; overseeing and signing off on the completion of required product-related testing in Committee members' respective functional areas; making decisions or recommendations based on issues escalated from the Banner General Entity Sub-Committee; escalating to the UITC chair (VPIT), Cabinet, or Leadership Team as appropriate.
About the Subcommittee
The Banner Governance Subcommittee recommends, reviews, prioritizes, and approves significant cross-functional operational and strategic initiatives related to the Banner administrative systems, including: Cross-functional Policies & Procedures and Banner-related Development Initiatives.
The Committee will report to the UITC chair (VPIT) and seek approval for any Committee-sponsored recommendations that may have: significant financial or cross-functional operational impact and/or substantial impact related to the University's mission. The Chair is selected and the charge is approved by the VP and CIO.
- Trigby Perea, Director, Application Services, ITS
- Ivy Efendioglu, Director of Financial Applications, ABS
- Teresa Zane, Assistant Director of Financial Applications, ABS
- Michael Harrington, Associate Vice Provost, CIPE
- Patrick Kao, Assistant Vice Provost, Integrated Enrollment Data Management, SEM
- Beth Forest, Associate Registrar, SEM
- Jorge Alex Quintanilla, Sourcing and Systems Associate, Purchasing
- Michael Pasqua, Director of Advancement Services, Development
Education Technology Advisory Board (ETAB)
The ETAB is created for the purpose of working with the Educational Technology Services team to advise on matters that directly concern technology supporting teaching and learning at USF.
About the Subcommittee
Faculty advisor(s) will be selected and appointed by the Dean’s of each of the 5 colleges at USF and the Gleeson Library. Term of membership shall last two consecutive academic calendar years. Terms will begin in Fall semester. Members are expected to communicate information back within their colleges.
The ETAB will be chaired by the ETS lead and vice chaired by the leads for each ETS sub-department. Recording secretary will rotate amongst the vice chairs each academic calendar year. The Chair is selected and the charge is approved by the VP and CIO.
The ETAB will meet three times per semester (Fall and Spring). Meeting minutes, including recommendations, will be emailed out after each session. Agendas will be sent out ahead of time. Sessions will be recorded.
- David Kirmse, Chair, Associate Vice President, ITS
- John Bansavich, Director of Instructional Technology and Training, ITS
- Catherine Coleman, Assistant Professor, School of Nursing and Health Professions
- Greg Crum, Senior Instructional Technologist, ITS
- Cathy Gabor, Associate Professor, College of Arts and Sciences
- John Higgins, Adjunct Professor, College of Arts and Sciences
- Eugene Kim, Professor, School of Law
- Kelly L'Engle, Associate Professor, School of Nursing and Health Professions
- June Lee, Assistant Professor, School of Management
- Matthew Malensek, Assistant Professor, College of Arts and Sciences
- Larry Montagna, Associate Director, ITS
- Joel Oberstone, Professor, School of Management
- Kevin Oh, Associate Professor, School of Education
- Josh Rosenberg, Professor, School of Law
- Randy Souther, Librarian, Gleeson Library
- Susan Stryker, Adjunct Professor, School of Management
- Angela Tang, Assistant Professor, School of Education
- Ariana Varela, Library Assistant, Gleeson Library
- Ken Yoshioka, Senior Instructional Specialist, ITS
- Susan Zolezzi, Associate Director, ITS