Step 9: Pay Your Bill
August 1 is the deadline for new, incoming fall students to either pay in full or enroll in a semester payment plan. You will receive your official billing statement in July, after you have registered for classes. USF does not send paper bills.
Access your official bill
- Log in to myUSF and click on the View & Pay box.
- In the "Your Account" box, click on "Make Payment"
If you do not see your financial aid applied to your bill, you might have unfinished requirements before the financial aid can be applied. Check your financial aid status by going to myUSF → Banner Self Service (Student) → Financial Aid → Financial Aid Status. If you have outstanding items to complete, you'll see "Student Requirements." Contact the financial aid office at email@example.com or (415) 422-3387.
Choose your method of payment
You may pay your tuition through any of the methods below. For more information, please visit the payment methods page.
- Online e-check: We encourage students to pay their bill through this method to ensure efficient and timely payments. To pay now, visit View & Pay.
- Personal Check: If you are sending a check, please note that all checks must be made payable to the University of San Francisco in U.S. dollars, and include the USF ID number (from the letter of admission) somewhere in the memo or notes section of the check. Missing information may cause a delay in properly crediting your payments to your student account.
- Semester payment plan: The University’s payment plan is administered by Higher One, a third-party payment vendor, operating under agreement with USF, and provides a convenient means for paying tuition, fees, and room and board (if living on campus) through regularly scheduled payments. There is a $50 enrollment fee to participate in this plan, and you must owe a balance of at least $2,250 as required by California law.
Set up an authorized payer
Authorized payers are parents, spouses, employers, etc., who can view bills and make payments online. To set up an authorized payer, go to View & Pay, then click the Add New link located in the “Parents and Authorized Payers” window. For instructions on how to make a payment as an authorized payer, please visit the Authorized Payer page.
International students must register for at least 12 units (course credit hours) to maintain full-time student status for immigration purposes.
If you have not submitted a payment by the class registration period, you must be prepared to pay the balance due at the time of registration, or you must enroll in the semester payment plan.
Deadline: August 1 is the deadline for new, incoming fall students to either pay in full or enroll in a semester payment plan. Failure to meet the payment deadline may result in cancellation of your course registration and/or late fees.
Subsequent payment deadlines:
Intersession: January 2
Spring: January 2
Summer: May 1