Step 10: Make Final Travel Arrangements
EducationUSA orientations in your country
EducationUSA is a global network of more than 400 advising centers in more than 170 countries supported by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs at the U.S. Department of State. Search for an advising center in your country to see if they offer a pre-departure orientation.
USF International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) Pre-Departure and Arrival Information Guide
The ISSS Pre-Departure and Arrival Information Guide is filled with specific information about preparing to study at USF and to live in San Francisco. Use the guide and the Next Steps pages to ease your transition to the U.S.
USF Student Housing and Residential Education (SHaRE) Resources
Please visit the SHaRE What's In My Room? web page to see a list of items you will find in your residence hall room upon arrival, recommendations about what items to bring with you to campus, and rules about what items you will not be allowed to keep in your room.
We'll post important dates here regarding International Student Move-In Day, airport transportation, orientation, and more. Please check back on this page often and continue to monitor your email.
- July 31: If you are arriving from outside of California and moving into on-campus housing, you should arrive on July 31. This will allow you to quarantine on campus before moving into your regular fall room assignment and participating in orientation. If you are in California and have been in California for more than 14 days, you can move into your on-campus residence on August 17.*
- July 31: ISSS Airport transportation will be available from SFO
- August date TBD: Academic English Placement Testing
- August 17–21: Optional International Student Orientation Activities*
- August 21: Deadline to complete mandatory online orientation module
- August 21–23: New Student Orientation (for all students)
- August 24: Fall classes begin
- December 16: Fall final exam period ends
*NOTE: Move-In and Orientation dates are subject to change based on public health guidance. If these dates need to move, we will communicate adjustments as soon as possible. ISSS will offer in-person orientation activities in accordance with local health guidance.
For additional important dates, please see the Academic Calendar.
New international students arriving to SFO on July 31 may register in advance for the ISSS organized transportation service to USF. For details and to register, please visit the Getting to USF page. If you plan to arrive at SFO before or after Move-In Day, and need information about ground transportation options to USF, please visit the ISSS Getting to USF page or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
International Student & Scholar Services
Tel: +1 (415) 422-2654, Fax: +1 (415) 422-2412
Email: email@example.com, Web: myusf.usfca.edu/isss/international-student-orientation