Step 3: Apply for On-Campus Housing

2019-2020 Housing Guarantee Policy

For First Year Students (First-year)

International Freshmen entering in Fall 2019 are Guaranteed On-Campus Housing for Fall 2019 and Spring 2020, if Both the Enrollment Deposit Deadline of May 1, 2019 and Complete House Application Deadline of May 10, 2019 are met. 

For Transfer Students

Transfer students entering in Fall 2019 are Not Guaranteed Housing. To be eligible for priority housing assignment, Transfer Students must submit an Enrollment Deposit by June 1, 2019 and a Complete Housing Application by June 10, 2019.

Please Note: Be sure to visit the Student Housing and Residential Education (SHaRE) 2019-2020 Housing Guarantee Policy web page for more detailed information.

Apply for On-Campus Housing Through USFrooms, Beginning March 1, 2019

You may apply for on-campus housing through USFrooms, an online application service, beginning March 1, 2019.

Be sure to visit the Apply for Housing web page to view the USFrooms User Guide and a list of Frequently Asked Questions to learn about your housing options.

View the USFrooms Video
The USFrooms Video provides detailed instructions on how to apply for on-campus housing. Visit the USFrooms Video web page to view the Video.

Submit Your Housing Application
To submit your housing application, Go To the Apply for Housing web page and:

Click On Apply for USF Housing at USFrooms button
Log In With your myUSF Username and Password
Select 2019-2020 Academic Year link

Follow the instructions to create your Personal Profile, indicate your residence hall preference, complete the housing contract, search for a roommate, and submit your housing application.

Your Enrollment Deposit Includes Your Housing Deposit
Your Enrollment Deposit of $750 includes your Housing Deposit of $375. If you are assigned housing, this Deposit will serve as a Pre-Payment for your room charges. If you are not assigned housing, your Housing Deposit will serve as a Pre-Payment for your tuition charges.

International Student Move-In Day: August 13, 2019
New international students may move into their campus residence hall rooms beginning on International Student Move-In Day: Tuesday, August 13.

Please Note that you will not be able to move into on-campus housing before August 13. If you arrive in San Francisco early, you must make temporary housing arrangements. Visit the San Francisco Travel Association website for suggestions.

Deadline For First-Year Students: Freshmen must Submit an Enrollment Deposit by May 1, 2019 and must Submit a Complete Housing Application by May 10, 2019, in order To Be Guaranteed On-Campus Housing. Please visit First-Year Students: 2019-2020 Housing Guarantee Policy to learn about exceptions to the Policy.

Deadline For Transfer Students: Transfer Students must Submit an Enrollment Deposit by June 1, 2019 and must Submit a Complete Housing Application by June 10, 2019 in order To Be Considered For On-Campus Housing. On-Campus Housing is not guaranteed for Transfer Students and is assigned to Transfer Students on a space-available basis only.

  • If you miss the relevant Freshman or Transfer Deposit or Application Deadline, you may still apply for on-campus housing, and will be placed on a Wait List for the next available housing assignment.
  • If you are admitted after the May 1/June 1 Enrollment Deposit Deadline, you should complete this Step as soon as possible.

Please Note that on-campus housing is limited, that we receive more applications than we have rooms available, and that we assign rooms in priority order based on application date.

Please Note also that SHaRE staff will send all housing-related correspondence to your myUSF e-mail address only, and will begin issuing room and roommate assignment notifications in June 2019.

Student Housing and Residential Education (SHaRE)
Tel: +1 (415) 422-6824, Fax: +1 (415) 422-2480
Email:, Web:

For Log-In or Technical Difficulties
Tel: +1 (415) 422-6668, Option 5

Off-Campus Housing

If you wish to live off campus, or do not receive an on-campus housing assignment, be sure to visit the SHaRE Off-Campus Student Services web page. Here you will find descriptions of San Francisco neighborhoods, suggestions on how to start a housing search, a set of USF housing search tools, and many other resources.