Strategic Planning 2020-2021
Full Charge of the Strategic Planning Committee
- Make recommendations related to the University’s mission, vision, values, strategic directions, programs, and services.
- Help the community identify critical strategic issues facing the organization. Assist in analysis of alternative strategic options.
- Ensure the community has established an effective strategic planning process, including development of a three- to five-year strategic plan with measurable goals, time targets, and named areas or individuals responsible/accountable for the priority’s successful achievement.
- Understand the higher education landscape, market/community, and USF core competencies. Keep up-to-date on higher education and local market trends, community needs, advances in technology, and other opportunities to improve the scope, cost effectiveness and quality of services provided by USF.
- Review the strategic plan and recommend updates as needed based on changes in the market, community needs, and other factors
- Forward the strategic plan to the Board of Trustees to ensure alignment with USF’s strategic directions and goals
- Develop criteria for the leadership team to use in evaluating potential strategic investments.
- Assist in development of a set of dashboards of key performance indicators.
- Communicate the organization’s performance against measurable targets or progress points/milestones
AUG - SEP
ESTABLISH PARAMETERS & EXPECTATIONS
- Ensure right mix of USF community representative participant sin the planning process
- Set rules for process
- Identity additional committee members
OCT - DEC
In-community conversation on the plan
- Hold community listening and discussion
- Report progress to Board of Trustees (BOT) December 2020 meeting
- Identify foundational guiding values and strategic priorities
JAN - MAY
action plan development
- Working groups develop draft action plan proposals
JUN - AUG
refine action plan proposals
- Progress update to Board of Trustees (BOT) June 2021 meeting
- Refine working group proposals for sharing with all stakeholders in September
SEP - DEC
- Share refined proposals with all stakeholders and request feedback
- Incorporate feedback from all stakeholders into a final draft
- Submit plan to Board of Trustees (BOT) December 2021 meeting
- Establish an institutional strategic planning function and implementation team to ensure modifications, communication, and ongoing strategic planning as a regular institutional practice.
Guiding Values & Strategic Priorities
The committee developed initial definitions for Guiding Values and Strategic Priorities that were reviewed with findings from the USF community listening sessions and survey responses.
View periodic updates of the committee's progress and strategic planning.
Core Committee Members
Co-lead: Pamela Balls Organista, Vice Provost
Co-lead: Golden Venters, Director of Organization Effectiveness, Student Life
Chris Brooks, Professor, CAS
Tyrone Cannon, Interim Provost
April Crabtree, Assistant Vice Provost, SEM
Eileen Fung, Interim Dean, CAS
Michael Harrington, Associate Vice Provost Planning & Budget, CIPE
Anneliese Mauch, Associate Vice President, OMC
Keally McBride, Professor, CAS, interim through 3/25/21
Joan McDermott, Director, Athletics
Jeffrey Paller, Assistant Professor, CAS, on leave until 3/25/21
Sonja Martin Poole, Associate Professor, SOM and USFFA President, ex-officio member
Richard Stackman, Professor and Associate Dean for Graduate Programs, SOM
For questions, please contact email@example.com.