Distinguished Research Award Call for Nominations
Call For Nominations
The University of San Francisco Faculty Association and Administration are now accepting applications for this year's Distinguished Research Award. All full-time faculty in the College of Arts and Sciences, School of Management, the School of Education, and the School of Nursing are eligible to apply. The 2019 Award was presented to Dr. William J. Bosl (School of Nursing and Health Professions).
The award carries a purse of $2500. The funds are provided jointly by the USF Administration and Faculty Association. In the event of a tie, the purse is divided.
The criteria applied to applications in selecting the recipient of this award are as follows:
- The research must be original, significant, and outstanding in its scholarly, creative, and/or artistic merit
- The research must have been completed within the last three years
- The research must have been completed while the applicant has been a member of the USF faculty
Applications are due Tuesday, March 10, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. The parts of the application designated with an * below should be e-mailed as one PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your PDF should be organized as indicated below with the following headings:
* TITLE PAGE including applicant's name and departmental affiliation
* SUMMARY STATEMENT: A brief summary of the research written for the lay reader
* STATEMENT of RESEARCH ACHIEVEMENT: 3 pages maximum, describing:
- Applicant's general area of research/scholarly/creative work
- The specific research/scholarly/creative work on which the application is based
- The significance of this research/scholarly/creative work and its contribution to the development of the specific discipline/area of endeavor
* REFERENCES: In this section please indicate the names and addresses of three referees, the appointments they hold, and a brief (one paragraph) statement as to the academic standing of each referee. Please include at least one external (non-USF) referee. Referees should be able to write authoritatively regarding the applicant's research/scholarly contribution.
Your research (binder of publications, books, etc.) should be delivered to Distinguished Research Committee c/o Matt Collins' attention in Gleeson Library|Geschke Center 101. Please submit one copy of each publication, book, etc., forming the basis for the application.
Letters of reference should be sent directly to the award committee chair at email@example.com or to the address below, and must be received by Tuesday, March 10, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. Please note that it is the responsibility of the applicant, not the award committee, to contact referees and provide them with information about the award.
All research materials and references should be submitted to:
Matt Collins, Committee Chair
Distinguished Research Committee
Gleeson Library|Geschke Center 101