Residential Hall Security
If you cannot afford to replace your CD's, television, jewelry, computers, and books, then please follow these crime prevention tips.
- Lock your door - even during short naps, while in the bathroom, or just down the hallway.
- Never prop open doors. Always close them completely.
- Store your valuables such as wallets, cameras, and music out of sight.
- Never leave your clothing unattended in the laundry room or in the bathroom.
- Never leave your jewelry on the sink while you shower.
- Reset your mailbox combination after use to prevent mail theft.
- Be aware of strangers loitering suspiciously in the hallways or stairwells.
- Never allow strangers into the building, and close all doors behind you whenever entering or exiting the building.
- Report all assaults, thefts, and suspicious persons or incidents to the Public Safety Department.