University of San Francisco’s (USF) mobile application system allows users to quickly and easily access key features of the university’s applications and information that they need while they are on the go.
USF’s chosen mobile platform is Modolabs. Development of new mobile features must work within the Modolabs technology framework. New functionality is added when the feature aligns with the objective of the USF Mobile Application System and adds value towards enhancing the success factors and KPIs.
The audience priorities are identified below. Mobile development work is costly and must appeal to and reach critical mass for any of these audiences.
- Align with mobile app goals of easy access to data or systems while on the go and increase audience engagement with USF
- Mobile friendly user interface and webpage/system must be responsive (RWD)
- Web-accessible (WCAG 2.0 AA compliant)
- Content must load under 6 seconds
- If integrating with an existing USF enterprise system, must already have single-sign on (use your USF network account to log in)
- Demonstrate through analytics that content is accessed often on mobile devices
- Transaction can be completed on a mobile device
The USFMobile Application System roadmap will continuously evolve. Requirements and features are generated from ongoing research, customer focus groups, surveys, and analytics.
The Web Policy Steering Committee provides governance over USFMobile. Requests for new mobile technologies, websites, and apps should first be submitted to email@example.com.