Apply for Housing
New students must submit their housing application by May 10, 2018 to receive a housing guarantee for the 2018-2019 academic year. View the Future Students webpage to find out if you fit the new student criteria.
The housing application for continuing students is available in the form of a random lottery process followed by a self-selection process during the middle of the spring semester. The continuing student housing application will open on February 1, 2018. All students who would like to be eligible for a lottery date and time for room selection MUST apply by February 28, 2018. All applications received after the deadline will automatically be placed on a wait list. Please visit the "Housing After Your First Year" webpage for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much is Room and Board?
Housing and meal plan rates vary for each academic year and per room type. Amounts may increase or decrease as established by USF each year. View the rates here.
What types of rooms do you offer?
Traditional Style Residence Halls:
- Single Room: 1 person in 1 bedroom
- Double Room: 2 people in 1 bedroom (Standard size room)
- Triple Room: 3 people in 1 bedroom (Triple Rooms include furniture for each of the three roommates: bed, desk, and dressers. Two Closets are shared amongst the three roommates.)
Loyola Village (Non-Traditional Residence Hall):
- Type 1 Double Room: A shared double room in a 3bedroom/2bath unit, in which the bedroom is smaller than 130sq ft
- Type 2 Double Room: A shared double room located in a 2bedroom/1bath unit or any shared studio unit, or any double room that is larger than 130sq ft and smaller than 150sq ft.
- Type 3 Double Room: A shared double room that has a bathroom dedicated to that room or is larger than 150sq ft.
Note that there are no "Single/Studio" Apartments available. Each unit houses at least 2 students. Please also note that each unit in Loyola Village is unique.
How do I make my housing deposit?
Note: New students ONLY should submit the pre-payment.
Your enrollment deposit of $750 includes your housing deposit of $375. If you are assigned housing, the deposit will serve as a pre-payment for your room charges. If you are not assigned housing, your housing deposit will serve as pre-payment for your tuition charges.
What are the dates of occupancy?
Please refer to the Important Dates webpage to view move in and move out dates for new and continuing students.
Monday through Friday
8:30 A.M. to 5:00 P.M
2130 Fulton St.
San Francisco, CA 94117-1045
Tel: (415) 422-6824