Students who are fully vaccinated with any of the World Health Organization-approved vaccines, or any unvaccinated student coming from within the State of California, will not be required to provide the results of a COVID-19 test prior to arrival. Those who are not fully vaccinated and coming from outside of California must complete a COVID-19 test (PCR test) and receive a negative confirmation within 72 hours before your approved move-in day. If you complete a test, and receive your results, students will need to submit their results through Med+Proctor.
- Students who test positive will be expected to report that to email@example.com and are not approved to move into a university assigned space until you complete your isolation period at home. See the SFDPH guidelines for isolation for more information.
- Students who have confirmation of a negative test will be approved to move into their designated room on their assigned move-in date.
- If at any time while awaiting your test results, or after receiving a negative confirmation, you develop symptoms associated with COVID-19 you are required to stay home in isolation. After completing the isolation period email firstname.lastname@example.org to report completion and receive guidance on next steps to move into your assigned residence hall space.
For those approved to move on campus, you will be expected to take a COVID-19 test after 10 days of quarantine based on your assigned move-in date.
COVID-19 Educational Training Module
All USF students who have an on-campus class component are required to complete the USF COVID-19 training module through EVERFI. Those students that will be fully remote will not need to complete this training module. This course is designed to provide students with information to protect their physical health and maintain their mental well-being. Additional information specific to policies and guidelines set forth by the San Francisco Department of Public Health and the University of San Francisco is also included in this module.
Employees of the University of San Francisco are highly encouraged to complete the training as well.
In addition to testing, USF will rely upon students’ self-monitoring of symptoms to limit the transmission of this virus.
- Unvaccinated students moving into the residence halls from outside of California will be expected to complete the 10-day travel quarantine per current CDC guidance.
- Fully vaccinated students will not need to quarantine.
- Students will self-monitor and report the presence or absence of symptoms of COVID-19 every day, beginning on the first day of return to campus.
- Students will self-report symptoms through the Dons Health Survey. Instructions for doing so will arrive in a subsequent email to students’ USF email accounts.
- All students must remain at home or in a designated isolation space if they are ill with COVID-19.
- Students who are sick may contact the COVID-19 Response Team at email@example.com or by calling 415-422-7637.