Spring 2021 Faculty Remote Instruction Workshop
In order to support faculty to prepare and teach remote courses this spring, the Instructional Design team has worked with the Continuity of Instruction Resource Team to offer faculty development workshops, commencing the week of October 28, 2021.
This workshop, comprising of two 2 hour online synchronous sessions and up to 4 hours online asynchronous instruction, will be focused on remote course design, pedagogy and facilitation.
It will include:
- Online course delivery best practices based on the Quality Matters (QM) course design rubric standards, a research-based framework used by 1,200 higher education institutions globally;
- Leveraging the Dons Online Template, a Canvas course template with best practices template pages, structure and organization;
- Creating online community and ensure appropriate student/student and instructor/student interactions;
- Hosting engaging, extended online synchronous sessions which involve online active learning;
- Providing asynchronous online learning alternatives;
- Preparing and supporting students in the online environment.
All spring faculty who have not already attended iterations of remote instruction workshops in the spring and summer are highly encouraged by the Office of the Provost to participate in this workshop.
All faculty will receive a $250 stipend for completion of the workshop.
For more information about the workshop, visit the Spring 2021 Faculty Remote Instruction Workshop FAQ.
Sessions are available weekly through the start of Spring semester, and include two 2-hour synchronous workshops on Zoom.
Prerequisite Educational Technology Training
This workshop will not include any training on Canvas, Zoom, and other educational technologies. We highly recommend faculty participate in the below trainings or watch the recorded videos prior to participation in the workshop:
- OPTION 1: ETS Canvas Essentials AND Introduction to Zoom Web Conferencing, available for concurrent registration on ETS website or recording available on USF TEAch
- OPTION 2: ETS Continuity of Instruction Online Workshop, no longer available live, recording available on USF TEAch
- Secured and Proctored Online Exams with Respondus LockDown Browser/Monitor, available for concurrent registration on ETS website, for instructors planning to conduct secure online exams
To register for one or more of these trainings, visit the ETS Training Classes and Workshops page.