Strategic Planning Committee
- Make recommendations related to the University’s mission, vision, values, strategic directions, programs, and services.
- Help the community identify critical strategic issues facing the organization. Assist in analysis of alternative strategic options.
- Ensure the community has established an effective strategic planning process, including development of a three- to five-year strategic plan with measurable goals, time targets, and named areas or individuals responsible/accountable for the priority’s successful achievement.
- Understand the higher education landscape, market/community, and USF core competencies. Keep up-to-date on higher education and local market trends, community needs, advances in technology, and other opportunities to improve the scope, cost effectiveness and quality of services provided by USF.
- Review the strategic plan and recommend updates as needed based on changes in the market, community needs, and other factors
- Forward the strategic plan to the Board of Trustees to ensure alignment with USF’s strategic directions and goals
- Develop criteria for the leadership team to use in evaluating potential strategic investments.
- Assist in development of a set of dashboards of key performance indicators.
- Communicate the organization’s performance against measurable targets or progress points/milestones
Progress as of 10/1/20
- Onboarded committee (finalized charge and set vision and values for the effort)
- Collected and reviewed data from recent evaluation and planning efforts (WASC Reaccreditation reports, Magis Project findings, Climate Survey findings, 2028 Plan, etc.)
- Created framework for the eventual strategic plan
- Clarified guiding values to anchor priorities (based on USF identity, values, relationships, and need for resiliency)
- Developed priority areas (based on overlapping data from previous evaluation efforts and current known and anticipated realities)
- Developed a communication plan, email address, webpage
Guiding Values & Strategic Priorities
The committee has developed initial definitions for Guiding Values and Strategic Priorities which will be reviewed with USF community listening sessions for refinement.
The committee is developing processes for engaging more community members in the planning process and gathering stakeholder input, beginning in November 2020 and continuing through spring 2021.
Core Committee Members
Co-lead: Pamela Balls-Organista, Interim Vice Provost & Special Assistant to the Provost
Co-lead: Peter Wilch, Vice President for Development
Tyrone Cannon, Interim Provost
April Crabtree, Assistant Vice Provost, SEM
Eileen Fung, Senior Associate Dean, CAS
Michael Harrington, Associate Vice Provost Planning & Budget, CIPE
Anneliese Mauch, Associate Vice President, OMC
Joan McDermott, Director, Athletics
Jeffrey Paller, Assistant Professor, CAS
Sonja Martin Poole, Associate Professor, SOM and USFFA President
Richard Stackman, Professor, SOM
Golden Venters, Director of Organization Effectiveness, Student Life
For questions, please contact email@example.com.