Tracy Seeley Center for Teaching Excellence (CTE)
Our mission at the Tracy Seeley Center for Teaching Excellence at the University of San Francisco is to celebrate, support and help develop excellent teaching across the university, at all stages of a faculty member's career.
We are guided by three purposes as we develop our activities and programs.
- Building a sense of community among teaching faculty
- Presenting opportunities for faculty to enhance and enrich their teaching practice
- Using technology to enhance student learning
When developing new activities, or resources, we always keep in mind the following principles.
- We foster conversation among faculty across disciplines, across schools, and at all stages of their careers.
- Participation is voluntary.
- Participation is confidential. We do not report faculty participation in CTE programs to any administrators. We will provide documentation to any faculty member who requests it.
- The Center does not evaluate teaching for the purposes of tenure and promotion.
- The Center evolves to meet real faculty needs.
The CTE is run by a small group of faculty and staff. Critical to our success is the Steering Committee that provides feedback and helps initiate new programming. We are currently composed of two Co-Directors and a Program Assistant.
Education, Teacher Education. Co-Director
School of Law. Co-Director