Office of Student Life
The mission of Student Life is to fully support holistic student development within a social justice framework centered in preparing students to be caring, socially responsible citizens in our global and local community.
While each office within Student Life holds a specialized mission, our work is in service to and collaboration with the University's mission to offer "the knowledge and skills needed to succeed as persons and professionals, and the values and sensitivity necessary to be people for others."
Acknowledging the importance of supporting the whole student, embracing the Jesuit value of Cura Personalis and seeking to foster a community based upon an ethic of care, the Division of Student Life is committed to:
- Promoting a common good that includes the needs of all students.
- Engaging differences in a manner that allows students to learn from the diversity of perspectives, experiences and traditions that exist within the University community.
- Providing experiences that challenge students to develop spiritually, intellectually, emotionally, physically, socially, culturally and morally in order to prepare them to contribute to the University community.
- Drawing out the leadership qualities inherent in every individual, and to providing opportunities for students to apply knowledge and skills.
- Creating an environment that supports a socially responsible way of being together in community.
- Recognizing and celebrating the achievements and contributions of all students.