Counseling and Psychological Services
Wildfire and Other Disaster Support
CAPS is here to support students impacted by California wildfires and other disasters. Also, the American Psychological Association (APA) has created a website with information and advice about recovering from a fire.
It is not uncommon for college students to experience mental health struggles. Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) is a great source of support for issues of sadness, anxiety, loneliness, college adjustment, relationship struggles, and other concerns not requiring medical intervention. All students are invited to join CAPS' online workshop series, including the three-session Anxiety Toolbox. You can request a consultation or referrals and access our extensive website resources. In addition, CAPS' All Hours “warmline” can be contacted by calling (855) 531-0761, or students can use the peer-led Crisis Textline by texting HOME to 741741. CAPS is also offering remote individual and group teletherapy to students residing within California. (State regulations prevent provision of therapy across state lines.) Therapy services include Single Session Therapy (SST), brief ongoing therapy, and group therapy. There are no fees for services. Students receiving one-on-one therapy at CAPS may choose to talk either by video or telephone. Please call (415) 422-6352 to schedule an appointment. If you are concerned about a student and would like someone to follow up with them, please contact the Dean of Students Office at (415) 422-5330. If you or someone you know is at immediate risk of harm to self or others, please contact Public Safety at (415) 422-2911 if in San Francisco; if out of state, dial 911 or call the National Suicide Prevention Hotline at 1-800-273-8255.
Free Online Mental Health Screening Available Here!
- Brief and Single Session Therapy: CAPS is offering brief individual therapy through video conferencing and phone to help address your personal and mental health concerns. We also offer virtual single session therapy if you want a one-time meeting to talk about a specific issue in a focused way. Please call (415) 422-6352 during business hours to schedule. Note that CAPS may have limitations on being able to provide ongoing therapy to students located outside of California, but we are happy to discuss your needs and situation with you. Read more about potential limitations on services outside of California.
- Crisis Services: If you are a USF student in crisis or in need of other immediate mental health support, call the CAPS All Hours line at (855) 531-0761 any time, or contact any of these linked additional crisis resources and hotlines. Read more about CAPS crisis services on our Crisis page. For current emergencies, call 911 or (if on campus) USF Public Safety at (414) 422-2911.
- Mental Health Referrals: If you need services that CAPS cannot provide, including off-campus services in the Bay Area or elsewhere, we are happy to help. Call (415) 422-6352 during business hours to schedule a consultation with one of our therapists.
THERAPY AND OTHER PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT
Contact your health insurance provider to find Behavioral Health (psychological) services. Students with USF-sponsored Aetna insurance can make an appointment with a therapist or psychiatrist who takes Aetna (there is a copay per visit) or receive teletherapy support for non-crisis mental health concerns for free through Inpathy.
Visit the CAPS Off-Campus Referrals page for additional mental health resources.
SUBSTANCE USE SUPPORT
The Haven is a nationwide community for college students with substance use issues and/or in recovery. USF has a Haven residence on campus and is currently offering online support, teletherapy, and fellowship!
- Free peer support meetings are open to any college student in recovery in the world 7 days a week, 5 pm to 6 pm PST (8 pm to 9 pm EST). Join HavenRecoveryMeeting by logging in from your computer, tablet, or smartphone at https://www.gotomeet.me/. You can also dial in using your phone at (872) 240-3412, access code: 661-666-741. We are here for you and can't wait to connect with you!
- Ongoing Haven USF recovery meetings are being held virtually at the same days/times (Mondays and Saturdays, 8 pm) as the former in-person meetings. Call Joi for more info at (508) 364-0593. Zoom link; https://global.gotomeeting.
- Therapy through The Haven's Virtual Outpatient Center is available to ALL students in California, Massachusetts, Maryland, and Ohio in need of support around substance use and mental health concerns. Therapy is provided through a secure online platform and can be paid for through health insurance, private pay, and scholarship. Call (888) 224-2836 for more information and/or to set up a consultation with a Haven intake counselor.
ADDITIONAL USF RESOURCES
Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) seeks to assist USF students in developing greater self-understanding and help resolve problems that interfere with their optimal personal functioning. Lots of students come to CAPS with a wide range of concerns. CAPS provides brief, time-limited therapy to enrolled students.
You asked, and we listened! To reduce wait times and meet students' needs, CAPS added a new service starting in fall 2019, single-session therapy (SST). SST is offered by appointment (usually within a week) for students who would like to talk to a counselor on a one-time basis to address a specific concern and formulate an action plan. Students can receive up to two SST meetings per semester. SST appointments, as well as other services, are currently being offered remotely, through video conference or phone.
Although CAPS staff strive to see students as expediently as possible, there are times during the semester when the center is heavily impacted and there may be a wait to get an appointment.
To make an appointment at CAPS, please call our office at (415) 422-6352 between 8:30 am and 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. Appointments are being offered remotely, through video conference or phone, are 45 minutes long, and typically start 15 minutes after the hour. For initial appointments, we ask that students complete some paperwork.
Late Cancellation and Missed Appointment Policy
Because CAPS has a limited number of appointments available, we encourage you to keep your scheduled appointments. If you can't keep an appointment, please cancel or reschedule by calling CAPS prior to the time you were to have your appointment (preferably 24 hours in advance). You can leave a voicemail if you call when our office is closed. If you do not show up for an appointment without cancelling in advance, a $30 fee will be charged to your student account.
CAPS is here to serve USF students. There are limits to the type and length of services we can provide. Please read about our Scope of Services and Limitations to learn more. If CAPS is unable to offer a service that you need, we are happy to consult with you by phone or video conference to help you connect with services elsewhere.
Notice an error on our website, or have questions about the site? Contact Blair Davis, Psy.D., at (415) 422-6352.