Business and Finance
Business and Finance
Charles E. Cross
Lone Mountain Room 142
2130 Fulton St.
San Francisco, CA 94117
Tel: (415) 422-6522
Fax: (415) 422-5855
As the Vice President for the Division of Business & Finance and Chief Financial Officer, Charlie Cross has oversight of the financial, physical, and certain auxiliary affairs of the university. Charlie provides leadership for the management of the university's fiscal resources through the offices of Finance and Treasury, Accounting & Business Services, and Purchasing; and oversight of the university's operations through the management and development of its physical assets through the Office of Facilities Management. Charlie also oversees the Athletic Department and other campus auxiliary services.
The Vice President for Business & Finance oversees the following offices:
- Athletics Department
- Dining Services
- Facilities Management
- Office of Accounting & Business Services
- Office of Finance & Treasury
- Purchasing Services
- Internal Audit
Responsibilities within these Offices and Departments include financial reporting and analysis, accounting, disbursements, commercial and investment banking, endowment management, cash management, debt management, capital planning and budgeting, real estate, facilities management and space planning, risk management, purchasing services, athletics, community relations, and auxiliary services of the University of San Francisco.
The Vice President is a member of the President’s Cabinet, a member of the University’s Leadership Team, and serves on various University committees including the following standing committees of the Board of Trustees:
- Audit Committee
- Finance Committee
- Investment Committee
- Physical Facilities Committee
The operations within the Division of Business & Finance support the following strategic initiatives of the University, which are key initiatives that support the University achieving recognition as a premier Jesuit Catholic, urban university:
- Provide an attractive campus environment and the resources to promote learning throughout the University:
- Learning resources that improve the curriculum and support scholarship
- Facilities to support outstanding educational programs
- Technology solutions to enhance learning and improve service
- Continue to strengthen the University’s financial resources to support its educational mission.