Please note, due to the current COVID-19 Shelter in Place public health order issued by the the City and County of San Francisco, the pick-up transcript option is unavailable. You may still place an order for transcripts to be mailed or delivered electronically. For any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ordering Information for Undergraduate and Graduate Transcripts
School of Law students click here to request a transcript.
All other students click here to request a transcript.
Order Cost and Delivery Options
- Paper transcripts and electronic exchange: $10.00 per transcript ordered. Additional fees apply for expedited mailing.
- Electronic PDF: $20.25 per transcript ordered. The PDF delivery option is not available to students who began their USF career prior to Fall 1982.
Your Transcript ORDER:
- Electronic Rights Management: Electronic PDF transcripts have an expiration limit of 90 days. Even if saved to a desktop, the transcript will expire 90 days from the time we sent the order, and it will not open after this time. We cannot manually unlock transcripts.
- Pre-1982 transcripts: If you attended before 1982, you will not be able to order an electronic transcript and must order a mail/paper transcript. Your transcript will require additional days for processing. If you are choosing an express shipping or certified mail option, please note, the NSC will not charge you for this option, as we need to process it manually. You will receive a notification to provide payment information directly to our office for express shipping.
- Hold for Grades: Transcripts are NOT held for grades. Students are advised to check their grades before requesting their transcripts.
- Hold for Degree: Only request for the order to be sent 'After Degree Is Awarded' if you are enrolled at USF right now. If you need your transcript sent immediately, you must re-order your transcripts to be sent now.
- Degree Posting: Following graduation, degrees take 4-6 weeks to post.
- If you have already graduated, please choose to send your Current Transcript.
- Accessibility: The NSC transcript order process is compatible with the NVDA screen reader.
After Placing an Order:
- Hold for Pickup orders can be picked up 24 hours after you receive the transcript ready email. Transcripts may be retrieved at the Registrar's Office reception desk located in Lone Mountain 217, Monday - Friday between 8:30 am - 5:00 pm. Transcripts requested for pick up and left unclaimed for more than 30 days will be destroyed.
- Editing addresses: Once an order has been placed, you will not be able to change the recipient's mailing address or email address. You must place a new order with the correct address. USF is not responsible for accuracy of addresses entered and cannot issue refunds for incorrect addresses, incorrect delivery methods chosen, or duplicate orders.
- PDF Re-send: If needed, you have 30 days to resend a PDF after it was sent using the transcript order tracking website. After entering in your order number and email, you may resend the PDF transcript link and transcript access code. This resend option can be performed up to 3 times per order (only once within the same browser session). The emails will be sent within 30 minutes of selection.
- Blank PDF's: The most common reason for a blank PDF is a browser or Adobe version error. Please review the troubleshooting guide for blank PDF's to resolve this issue.
- Cancelling: Due to the automated order process, once an order is received, it cannot be cancelled.
- Orders are typically processed within 3 business days. Processing times are longer for students who attended prior to 1982 and due to printing and/or technical difficulties.
- Identification Issues: In the event USF is unable to verify your identity, we will request additional information. If our request goes unanswered for more than 20 business days, your transcript order will be cancelled.
- Recipient Issues: If you have any issues with your transcript or if it has been more than 15 days and you have not received your transcript, please contact the NSC's Customer Service team directly via phone 703-742-4200.
- All transcripts are official and are enclosed in separate, sealed envelopes. Transcripts are not faxed.
- USF can accept up to three uploaded documents (scholarship applications, nursing forms, etc.) that you may attach as part of your transcript order.
- Transcripts will not be delivered to on-campus dorm housing. Please select the pick-up option to retrieve your transcripts at the Registrar's office in Lone Mountain Room 217.
- On July 1, 1978 the University of San Francisco was given jurisdiction in the distribution and storage of academic records for San Francisco College for Women, Lone Mountain College, and Tahoe Paradise College. Former students requesting these transcripts should indicate this in the 'Special Instructions' field.
- The University reserves the right to control the conditions by which its transcripts are distributed; as a legal document, the University is responsible for the accuracy and validity of the transcripts.
- Only University of San Francisco transcripts will be issued. Transcripts from other schools must be ordered from original sources to ensure validity and accuracy. This includes, but is not limited to test scores such as: ACT, SAT.
- The university is not responsible for accuracy of addresses entered and cannot issue refunds for incorrect addresses, incorrect delivery methods chosen, or duplicate orders.
- Students who did not graduate from USF will need to request an official transcript.
- Current students and graduates of USF may use their myUSF account to access their unofficial transcripts. If you are a graduate and do not have a MyUSF account, you may request access through this link https://www.usfca.edu/request/alumni-email.
If you have further questions, you may contact our office at: