Petition to Enroll at Another Institution (PEAI)

A student who is working toward a bachelor degree at the University of San Francisco is not permitted to take any of the following courses at another college or university: Core curriculum requirements, major/minor requirements, graduation requirements (i.e. SL/CEL, CD or language if applicable), or courses offered concurrently at USF during any semester or session. In addition, students are not allowed to take courses at another institution in a semester they are enrolled at USF.

Approved courses that a USF student completes at another institution not affiliated with USF will not be counted in the student's cumulative grade point average.

Students who are participating in university-approved study abroad programs are exempted from this policy during their study abroad semester(s). Students can meet with the Center for Global Education for additional information. Other exceptions to this policy require the prior approval from the dean of his or her school or college at USF. Except for those students who are studying abroad, students who are on a leave of absence from USF cannot take courses and obtain credit from another institution and transfer them to USF.

The Petition to Enroll at Another Institution (PEAI) forms are available below. Forms must be completed and approved before enrolling at the other institution. It is the student's responsibility to have a transcript of the approved coursework forwarded to USF's Office of the University Registrar in order to receive course credit.

Upon completion of coursework, request an official transcript from the host institution to be emailed to or mailed to:

Office of the Registrar

Attn: PEAI Records, LM 217

University of San Francisco

2130 Fulton Street

San Francisco, CA 94117-1080

PEAI Forms

College of Arts and Sciences PEAI Form and Required Cover Sheet

For undergraduate student in the College of Arts and Sciences, a Cover Sheet is required with the PEAI form.  Download PEAI form, print and fill out both forms, then email both completed forms to

School of management PEAI Form (for bachelor of SCIENCE IN Business Administration majors)

For undergraduate students in the School of Management, Download PEAI form, print and fill out the form, then email completed form to

School of Management Form (For Professional Bachelor's Degree students)

The online form may only be used by Professional Bachelor's Degree students in the School of Management. Fill out and submit the Online PEAI Form.

School of Nursing and health professions PEAI Form

For undergraduate students the School of Nursing and Health Professions, Download PEAI form, print and fill out the form, then email completed form to


PEAI Frequently Asked Questions »


If you have questions, please contact the Office of the University Registrar at or call (415) 422-7260.