As a condition of enrollment, University of San Francisco (USF) requires students to have health insurance, both to protect against unexpected high medical costs and to provide access to quality care. The following students will be charged the health insurance premium on their Student Account as a separate fee.
- All undergraduate domestic students registering for 9 credit hours or more (EXCEPT Certificate programs and Online programs students)
- All graduate domestic students registering for 6 credit hours or more (EXCEPT Certificate programs and Online programs students)
- All international students and scholars registering for at least 1 credit hour or more
Access Plan Benefits
The Fall Plan is effective August 1 until December 31, and the Spring Plan is effective January 1 to July 31 so register to get the most out of the Health Plan.
- Aetna Policy number: 474887
- Customer Service (877) 480-4161
- USF insurance network is called OA Elect Choice EPO
- View Health Insurance Requirement Policy
Open Enrollment/Waiver Period
- Fall semester: June 21 through September 1
- Spring semester: November 30 through February 1
If you want to waive next semester, please view our waiver criteria:
Students registered for at least 3 units are eligible to voluntarily purchase the USF-endorsed student health insurance plan for only Fall and/or Spring semesters during open waiver/enrollment periods.
In addition, students with an official Leave of Absence (LOA) or are in the Optional Practical Training (OPT) program are eligible to purchase the USF-endorsed student health insurance per semester for up to one (1) academic year during open waiver/enrollment periods.
Transfer Coverage (Medi-Cal, Kaiser)
If you have waived the USF Student Health Plan with Medi-Cal or Kaiser, please ensure that you transfer your healthcare coverage near your campus location.