The Title IX Office continues to operate during this time related to COVID-19. Reports of sex and gender-discrimination, sexual harassment, and sexual misconduct can still be reported by using the online form (red button below) or calling Public Safety at (415) 422-2911. While everyone is working remotely, and some with alternative schedules, please be patient and flexible as we are all collaborating and creatively working to maintain a continuity of services. If you are currently experiencing an emergency, or in an unsafe situation, and utilizing law enforcement is not a viable option for you, please see the Resources Page (from menu on the left) for options, or contact the Title IX Coordinator directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to assist you in a discreet and safe way. Community resources in San Francisco (and many in your home counties) are still operating and providing services - the Title IX Coordinator can help get you connected to the best supportive measures.
The Title IX office continually strives to maintain and strengthen a climate which fosters civility, mutual respect, and inclusivity for all community members. Our primary concern is your safety and well-being and we are tasked with following up on all reports of sexual misconduct experienced by our community members.
Title IX and Sexual Misconduct
Sexual misconduct is prohibited by federal and state law and by University policy. Sexual misconduct is also contradictory to the University’s mission and values and will not be tolerated in our community. Offenses of USF's Sexual Misconduct Policy include, but are not limited to:
- Sexual Harassment
- Non-Consensual Sexual Contact
- Non-Consensual Sexual Intercourse
- Sexual Exploitation
- Aiding or Facilitating Sexual Misconduct
- Relationship Violence
To report potential Title IX violations, please email or call the Title IX Coordinator at (415) 422-4563 or make a report online. If this is an emergency, please call USF Public Safety at (415) 422-2911.
Campus Title IX Coordinator & Deputy Coordinators
For more information about Title IX, or to seek help and resources, please contact:
Title IX Coordinator- Jess Varga
Deputy Title IX Coordinator - Students: Julie Orio
Deputy Title IX Coordinator - Athletics: Staff Change
Name and contact information forthcoming, contact Title IX Coordinator
Deputy Title IX Coordinator - Staff/Faculty: Diane Nelson
At USF, We've Got You
USF Statement of Nondiscrimination
- The University of San Francisco is committed to providing an environment free from sex and gender-based discrimination and harassment. As such, USF does not tolerate any kind of sex/gender-based discrimination or harassment, which includes sexual assault, sexual harassment, and gender-based harassment. Consistent with its commitment to addressing sex/gender-based discrimination and harassment, the University complies with Title IX, or the Higher Education Amendment of 1972, which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in education programs and activities, as well as other applicable state and federal laws.
- Any full-time or part-time university official (e.g., faculty member, administrator, residence life staff member, dean, etc.) informed of an allegation of sex/gender-based misconduct involving students or other members of the university community is expected to file a report with the Title IX Coordinator and/or a Deputy Coordinator. Certain university officers who are serving in a privileged professional capacity (e.g., CAPS counselors, members of the Clergy) are not bound by this expectation, except as required by law.
- Anyone who believes they have been subjected to sex/gender-based discrimination or harassment is encouraged to report these incidents. Upon receiving a report, the university will respond promptly, equitably, and thoroughly. In addition, the university will take steps to prevent the recurrence of the discrimination or harassment and remedy its effects, if appropriate.
- Read USF's full Sexual Misconduct Policy or review all student conduct policies at the Fogcutter Student Handbook.