The Title IX office continually strives to maintain and strengthen a climate which fosters mutual respect and inclusivity for all community members. Our primary concern is your safety and well-being and will follow up on all reports of sexual misconduct experienced by our community members.
Title IX and Sexual Misconduct
Sex and gender discrimination, sexual harassment, and sexual misconduct is prohibited by federal and state law and by University policy. These behaviors are also contradictory to the University’s mission and values and will not be tolerated in our community. Offenses of USF's Policy on Nondiscrimination Based on Sex and Gender, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Misconduct include, but are not limited to:
- Sexual Harassment: Quid Pro Quo and Hostile Environment
- Sexual Assault
- Dating Violence
- Domestic Violence
- Sexual Exploitation
- Aiding or Facilitating Sexual Misconduct
To report potential violations of the USF Policy on Nondiscrimination Based on Sex and Gender, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Misconduct, please email or call the Title IX Coordinator at (415) 422-4563 or make a report online. If you are experiencing an emergency, please call USF Public Safety at (415) 422-2911.
Campus Title IX Coordinator, Deputy Coordinator, and Contacts:
For more information about Title IX, or to seek help and resources, please contact:
Title IX Coordinator- Jess Varga
Schedule a meeting with Jess HERE. In-person and Zoom meetings available. More times will be available each week. You will receive a confirmation email to discuss reason for meeting and logistics.
Deputy Title IX Coordinator: Trina Garry
Athletics Contact: Rachel Shull
Staff/Faculty Contact: Diane Nelson
At USF, We've Got You
USF Statement of Nondiscrimination
- The University of San Francisco is committed to providing an environment free from sex and gender-based discrimination and harassment. As such, USF does not tolerate any kind of sex/gender-based discrimination or harassment, which includes sexual assault, sexual harassment, and gender-based harassment. Consistent with its commitment to addressing sex/gender-based discrimination and harassment, the University complies with Title IX, or the Higher Education Amendment of 1972, which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in education programs and activities, as well as other applicable state and federal laws.
- Any full-time or part-time university official (e.g., faculty member, administrator, residence life staff member, dean, etc.) informed of an allegation of sex/gender-based misconduct involving students or other members of the university community is expected to file a report with the Title IX Coordinator and/or a Deputy Coordinator. Certain university officers who are serving in a privileged professional capacity (e.g., CAPS counselors, members of the Clergy) are not bound by this expectation, except as required by law.
- Anyone who believes they have been subjected to sex/gender-based discrimination or harassment is encouraged to report these incidents. Upon receiving a report, the university will respond promptly, equitably, and thoroughly. In addition, the university will take steps to prevent the recurrence of the discrimination or harassment and remedy its effects, if appropriate.
- Read USF's full Policy, or review all student conduct policies at the Fogcutter Student Handbook.