Application for Graduation Information
Students are required to complete the online Graduation Application in order to have their degree awarded. Students may apply starting three semesters prior to their graduation semester and should apply no later than the second week of their final semester to ensure ample time to be notified regarding any outstanding degree requirements.
Application deadlines: Fall: September 1st. Spring and Summer: February 1st. Keep in mind that if you are applying for concurrent degrees, you must submit two separate online Graduation Applications.
Students should apply to graduate for the semester they intend to complete ALL degree requirements.
If you receive an error, "No Curricula Found" this means you have either already Applied to Graduate or are not yet eligible to apply. To be eligible you must the following earned credits: 90 (UG), 9 (GR), or 12 (DR). This does not include in-progress credits.
|Graduation Term||Application Available||Application Deadline|
|Spring 2023||June 1, 2022||February 1, 2023|
|Summer 2023||December 1, 2023||February 1, 2023|
|Fall 2023||January 1, 2023||September 1, 2023|
|Spring 2024||June 1, 2023||February 1, 2024|
|Summer 2024||December 1, 2023||February 1, 2024|
Commencement Eligibility - "Walk Policy"
- As a general rule, student's should apply to graduate for the semester they intend to complete ALL of their required coursework for their degree.
- Undergraduate students must be within 12 credits of completing all degree requirements in order to be eligible to participate in the May ceremony. For the Fall ceremony, Undergraduate students must be within 8 credits of completing all degree requirements in order to be eligible to participate in the December ceremony. All remaining credits must be completed in the next immediate semester. For example, to be eligible to participate in the May ceremony you must be completing your remaining credits during the Summer semester, and December commencement students must then complete their final coursework during Intersession.
- Graduate students must be registered for their final course in order to be eligible to participate in any commencement ceremony. Please note that School of Education students are only invited to the May commencement ceremony. In addition, School of Nursing and Health Professions students who complete their degree requirements during the Summer semester are only permitted to participated in the immediate December commencement ceremony and not the prior May commencement ceremony.
- GPA - Undergraduate students must have a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA in order to be eligible to participate in commencement. Graduate students must have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA in order to be eligible to participate in commencement.
Degree Conferral Information
- Degree conferral date reflects the semester in which all degree requirements are successfully completed.
- Deadline for Fall conferral is December 31st.
- Deadline for Spring conferral is May 31st.
- Deadline for Summer conferral is August 31st.
- Diplomas are not issued until all outstanding balances with the University are paid.
- Undergraduate students must complete a minimum of 128 units and have satisfied all major/CORE requirements with a minimum 2.0 G.P.A.
- Graduate students must have met all requirements specific to their degree program with a minimum 3.0 G.P.A.
- Summer students in the School of Nursing and Health Professions are ONLY invited to the December Commencement.
- Fall students in the School of Education are ONLY invited to the May Commencement.
How to Access Graduation Application from Self-Service
- Login to myUSF
- From the “Student” tab, click on the “Student Records” link
- Click on the “Apply to Graduate” link
- Follow the instructions in the graduation application.
- Click on the “Submit” button at the end of the application. You will receive a confirmation screen at the end. Please print or save this for your records.
If you have questions, please contact the Graduation Center at email@example.com.