Health Insurance FAQ
- All undergraduate domestic students registering for 9 credit hours or more (EXCEPT Certificate programs and Online programs students)
- All graduate domestic students registering for 6 credit hours or more (EXCEPT Certificate programs and Online programs students)
- All international students and scholars registering for at least 1 credit hour or more
You can begin the waiver by going to the Health Promotion Services website: www.usfca.edu/hps. On the main page, you will see insurance. Click on the link. Then select domestic or international waiver. You will need your 8-digit USF ID number and DOB to begin the process.
Students must waive the health insurance every academic year. If a student waives it in the Fall, the waiver will cover the Fall and Spring semesters. However, students, who waive in the spring semester, must waive again the following Fall semester.
- Fall semester is $1149
- Spring/Summer semester $1592
Students will be charged for the premium on their tuition bill when they register for the required number of units. The premium is not a part of the tuition. It is a separate charge.
- Fall semester is 08/01/2019 – 12/31/2019
- Spring/Summer semester is 01/01/2020 – 07/31/2020
No. However, you can waive the health insurance if you have insurance that meets the school’s requirements. International students cannot waive online Aetna Student Health. They will need to submit their health insurance information to HPS online.
Active USF students are eligible to purchase if they are registered for at least 3 credit hours. Please contact Health Promotion Services at email@example.com if you want to voluntarily enroll by the waiver/enrollment deadline.
The deadline is September 1 for the Fall semester, and February 1 for the Spring Semester
No. Only USF students are eligible to purchase the insurance.
By paying your tuition bill, you are also paying for the health insurance. If you want to voluntarily enroll, you will pay the insurance company directly with a credit card.