Dear Students, Faculty, and Staff,
As the university transitions to online instruction and continues to respond to developments related to the COVID-19 pandemic, there are a number of updates to be aware of.
- To align with the online course instruction schedule, university events are now canceled through at least March 29. This is an update of the previous information sent to you.
- With the university’s move to online instruction beginning March 18 through at least March 29, please be aware of the extensive resources now available to faculty, academic support staff, and students. This tailored information, which is being regularly updated, is designed to ensure the continuity of instruction and maintain student learning. Please visit the Keep Teaching and Learning myUSF site to learn about workshops, educational technologies, and information to assist your transition to online education.
- USF’s additional campuses remain open for students who need to come in and use wireless networks, printers, and other resources. Classes conducted at these locations will also move to online instruction, including locations in the South Bay and the North Bay. These campuses will only be physically open during the hours posted on their respective web pages. Please note that staffing will be limited during this period.
- For staff questions regarding remote working policies, please review this message from Human Resources.
- As Fr. Fitzgerald shared with the community on March 10, student employment will continue as currently scheduled, subject to possible limitations. We will continue to review student employment on a unit-by-unit basis and provide regular updates to the unit managers. With proper supervision and monitoring of work, students may be able to work remotely. As with other employees, the supervisor would need to determine the suitability of the arrangement.
Thank you, as always, for your attention as USF navigates this public health crisis. Additional information and updates will be shared with the university as they become available.
The COVID-19 Management Team