Canvas for Students
- Canvas Student Page - If you are a student, please refer to this page to quickly get started with Canvas. You will learn how to configure your Canvas environment and participate in your Canvas courses.
Canvas for Faculty
RECENT CANVAS UPDATES
New! Canvas Content Editor (RCE)
On January 16th, 2021 Canvas will replace the existing tool you use to edit pages, assignments, discussion etc, the RCE, with an editor that adds a more traditional interface for uploading, linking and embedding content into Canvas pages. The RCE Rich Content Editor: CheatSheet linked here details the major updates and gives a comparision between the old editor and new one.
See more Canvas updates in the Canvas Winter 2020 Newslestter
- Instructor Feature Quick Guides - These guides, broken down by Canvas features, provide quick how-to's with step-by-step screenshots.
- Instructor FAQs - Answers to frequently asked questions and guides for common tasks such as sending announcements, uploading your syllabus and copying course content.
- Course Semester Checklist - Learn how to copy content from last semester, clean up your course list and perform other Canvas housekeeping items to prepare for the new semester.
Self-Paced and Online Training
- Online Orientation Course - Learn Canvas at your own pace and within the context of building an actual Canvas course.
- LinkedIn Learning Video Tutorials - This LinkedIn Learning course explores the essential features of Canvas by stepping you through creating Canvas course. The content is sectioned to make it easy to skip to relevant content.
- Canvas Essentials Workshop Full Recording - Canvas Essentials is the two-hour introductory in-person workshop. Here is an Echo 360 recording of the entire workshop.
- Download Canvas Essentials Workshop Handout - This document outlines topics taught in the Canvas Essentials workshop. It includes steps to create a basic Canvas course.
Canvas Help Available 24/7
24/7 Canvas support is available directly from the folks at Instructure (the makers of Canvas) and is accessible via the Chat with Canvas Support selection from the Help button on the left Green Navigation menu in Canvas. Alternatively, you can dial (833) 668-1666 if you are an instructor or (844) 702-5213 if you are a student, to talk to someone directly at Instructure.