Faculty Development Fund
The Faculty Development Fund (FDF) provides financial support for a multitude of research expenses such as conference travel and research assistant wages. These grants are primarily intended for faculty looking to fund preliminary projects that will lead to applying for funding from outside sources. There are two funding cycles in the College of Arts and Sciences (one in the fall and a one in the spring).
Faculty are responsible for tracking expenditures and their FDF account (FOAP) balances, avoiding overdrawing their account, and returning any unused funds to the collective CAS FDF fund in a timely manner.
How to apply
The next FDF deadline, for the Spring 2019 awards, is Friday, February 8th, 2019.
Faculty will be notified when the FDF application site is open for the upcoming cycle.
How to check your account balance
Please watch this video demonstrating the Balance Query process.
- Travel Application
- Research and Equipment Applications
- Funding Cycles
- Questions and Feedback
Faculty Development Fund Committee members
- Joshua Gamson, Academic Assistant Dean, Administrative Co-Chair
- Hwaji Shin, Faculty Co-Chair, Social Sciences (through Fall 2020)
- Pamela Balls-Organista, Associate Dean for Social Sciences
- Christina Tzagarakis-Foster, Associate Dean for Sciences
- Jeffrey Paris, Academic Assistant Dean
- Karen Fraser, Faculty Representative, Arts (through Spring 2021)
- Gerard Kuperus, Faculty Representative, Humanities (through Spring 2019)
- EJ Jung, Faculty Representative, Sciences (through Spring 2019)
- Sevan Suni, Faculty Representative, Laboratory Sciences (through Fall 2021)