Department of Theology and Religious Studies
Welcome! Here you will find student resources for the Department of Theology and Religious Studies.
Related Programs and Centers
- Swig Program in Jewish Studies and Social Justice
- Asian Studies
- Environmental Studies
- African Studies
- Center for Latina/o Studies in the Americas
- Lane Center for Catholic Studies and Social Thought
- St. Ignatius Institute
- Gleeson Library Resources - USF's Gleeson Library provides numerous online resources for students interested in researching religious studies or theological topics. Among the items available are searches for Journal and Newspaper articles, a list of relevant journals and databases for search, and research guides.
- Chicago Manual of Style - The preferred method of citation for Theology and Religious Studies.
- WorldWide Religious News - WorldWide Religious News is a non-profit service providing the international academic and legal community with up-to-date religious news from around the world. Events in recent years ranging from government suppression of the Falun Gong in China, to the Aum Shinrikyo gas attacks and subsequent legal proceedings in Japan, as well as the terrorist attacks of September 11th, have motivated an increased awareness and focus on the unique interplay of religion and society, as well as the role of novel religions and alternate lifestyles within a religious context.
Other Related Links
- American Academy of Religion - A learned society and professional association of teachers and research scholars or religion.
- Theta Alpha Kappa - The National Honor Society for Religious Studies and Theology.
- Alpha Sigma Nu - The Honor Society of Jesuit Colleges and Universities.
Please check back for upcoming events.