Air Quality & Wildfire Information
Based on the events and review of processes following the 2018 Camp Fire, USF developed detailed protocols that have been implemented as of the Fall of 2019. Campus Resilience monitors all area wildfires and wildfire smoke that may impact the Hilltop campus and campuses at all other locations. USF will use Air Quality Index (AQI) used by the Environmental Protection Agency for reporting and forecasting. The EPA operates the publicly available website airnow.gov. USF will use AirNow metrics to guide all recommendations and decisions affecting campus.
USF Policy and Procedures
This document* outlines procedures related to:
- Activation of the campus Emergency Operations Center
- When and under what conditions classes are canceled and the continuity of classes plan is implemented
- Distribution of N95 air filtration masks
- Resumption of normal operations
- Essential services
- Roles and responsibilities of key personnel
- Definitions and information on campus operating status (reporting to work, delayed arrival, liberal leave, early departure, etc.)
*This policy is subject to change.
This section will be updated on an ongoing basis.
October 31 Update - With air quality returning to safe levels, the Santa Rosa location will open on for classes beginning Monday, Nov. 4.
October 28 Update - Update on impact of air quality and power shutdowns »
October 27 Update - Santa Rosa Campus closed through Tuesday, October 29 »
October 27 Update - Santa Rosa Campus closed through Monday, October 28 »