Canvas for Students
- Canvas Student Page - If you are a student, please refer to this page to quickly get started with Canvas. You will learn how to configure your Canvas environment and participate in your Canvas courses.
Canvas for Faculty
- Instructor Feature Quick Guides - These guides, broken down by Canvas features, provide quick how-to's with step-by-step screenshots.
- Instructor FAQs - Answers to frequently asked questions and guides for common tasks such as sending announcements, uploading your syllabus and copying course content.
Self-Paced and Online Training
- Turnitin and Canvas - Learn how to setup and configure a Turnitin assignment in Canvas as well as manage student submissions. Learn also about best practices and troubleshooting techniques.
- Getting Started in Canvas - Step-by-step guide offers a sequential and structured way to setup your Canvas course.
- Course Semester Checklist - Learn how to copy content from last semester, clean up your course list and perform other Canvas housekeeping items to prepare for the new semester.
To register for one of the workshops below, please fill out the Training Registration form and select your desired session from the Canvas LMS dropdown list on the form.
- Canvas Essentials - A two-hour, hands-on, instructor-led session where participants will explore their own Canvas courses, learn to modify their personal settings, add a course syllabus, add and link to content, and structure their course using pages and modules. Participants will also be introduced to assignments and grading in Canvas.
Canvas for Department Site Admins - Are you tasked with creating or maintaining a Canvas page as a department collaboration site or student resource page? This two-hour workshop is for you! We will cover creating a custom front page and examine techniques to structure and organize your content. We will also explore how to add participants and manage participant communication and interaction.
Canvas Gradebook and Quizzes - Building on what we learned about assignments in the Canvas Essentials workshop, we will explore how course grades can be managed through the Canvas gradebook and the different ways grades can be displayed and entered into the gradebook. In addition, we will learn how to set up a basic Canvas quiz, configuring both the quiz attributes and questions used for the quiz.
Converting Your Syllabus to a Canvas Course - In this workshop, we will learn how Canvas assignments, pages and modules can be used to covert the elements of your syllabus into a streamlined and easy to navigate Canvas course.
Canvas Help Available 24/7
Canvas support is available directly from the folks at Instructure and is accessible via the Chat with Canvas Support selection in the Green Help menu in the lower corner of Canvas. Alternatively, you can dial (844) 702-5213 to talk to someone directly at Instructure.
More resources can be found by visiting the Canvas blog site.