Environmentally-minded practice should be at the core of every event. To mitigate waste and hunger in San Francisco, any leftover food from our events has the option of being donated to local food recovery organizations that Bon Appetit is partnering with.
While not all food can be donated, if this is something you are interested in for your upcoming event, talk with your special event lead.
Let's Get Started
- Prior to meeting with the Special Events team, fill out an Event Request Form to determine the eligibility and focus of your Development event.
- Once your event request has been reviewed by our team, we will meet with you for an event intake meeting to discuss your event goals, target audience, budget, roles, and responsibilities, and preliminary logistical needs.
If you plan on inviting President Fr. Fitzgerald, we are happy to walk you through the process regarding his involvement.
- As your event lead, we will work closely with you throughout the planning process to ensure that everything is on schedule and in line with the special events timeline, including promotional and marketing needs. We will also be responsible for tracking your prospects’ most recent event activity in its respective event campaign in Salesforce.
- Several days prior to the event, we will share the event briefing document with you to ensure everyone understands their role and expectations for the event. This document outlines the key details of the event, including a summary of the program and schedule. It is your responsibility to provide us key talking points and the script.
- During the event we will oversee all logistics, including set-up, registration, management of volunteers, and flow of program, so you can focus on your guests and the event.
- Following the event, we will hold a debrief meeting that will allow us to review the event (strengths, weaknesses, recommendations, etc.) to ensure we are working towards meaningful event experiences for our alumni and donors.
Marketing Your Event
We will manage all the promotional needs for your event by working closely with the Offices of Marketing and Communications (OMC) and Development Communications. Here are some important deadlines to remember when promoting your event.
Mailed invitations should go out 6-8 weeks prior to an event and require an additional 6-8 weeks for design, printing and mailing. Please note that turnaround time depends on number of collateral pieces requested, level of design, and number of rounds of edits.
Using the Imodules system, emails to alumni or external groups should go out 6 weeks before event (following the printed invitation). Email invitation should be scheduled 8 weeks out if there is no printed invite. Estimated turnaround time for email to be sent is 3-5 business days after content is approved and Special Events has built the email.
Do you need an online registration form? Using the event registration system Cvent, your Special Events Manager will create the form on the client’s behalf. Estimated turnaround time is 3 business days.