Student Employee of the Year Nomination
Why We Celebrate
Student employees at the University of San Francisco perform invaluable services with passion, commitment, and initiative, all while cultivating important skills and experience they will carry with them into their future careers after graduation. Inspired by the Jesuit tradition, our student employees help our university thrive and are vital assets to the workforce--here at USF, and across their present and future communities.
In addition, through the Federal Work-Study Program, several local nonprofit agencies hire University of San Francisco students to work in community service positions for their organizations.
We encourage all departments to recognize their student employees for their hard work not only during the Student Employee of the Year process, but throughout the year to let them know that their efforts and contributions are valued.
Nominees are not restricted to students employed through the Federal Work-Study Program. All student employees are eligible for consideration.
The University of San Francisco Student Employee of the Year Award aims to recognize and help promote the outstanding contributions and achievements of USF students combine campus work with their academic commitments. We look to supervisors within the college to nominate student employees who they feel are especially worthy of recognition based on their contributions.
Supervisors may nominate student employees whom they feel warrant particular recognition for their performance on the job. The winning nomination will cite specific, remarkable qualities that the student exhibits and the direct impact those attributes have on their community.
Attributes – Provide an example that demonstrates the nominees’ greatest attributes and how these attributes enhance their contributions to the position.
Impact – Provide an example of the positive impact the nominee has had to your department, campus or community.
In order for your nomination to be considered, you must submit the Nomination Form and a Letter of Recommendation (we have included instructions and a sample below).
The information you provide may be shared with the public, posted online, or provided to the nominee.
To be eligible for consideration, the nominee must be:
- Currently enrolled in at least 6 credits as a USF student;
- Working at least 10 hours a week on- or off-campus;
- Employed with the same department/office for at least 3 months during the selection period which is the academic year 2018-2019; and
- Must be maintaining good academic standing.
- Nominees are not restricted to students employed through the Federal Work-Study Programs. All student employees are eligible for consideration.
Please keep the following guidelines in mind:
- Student employee must be nominated by a University of San Francisco employee or Off-Campus Partner.
- Please provide example of the nominee’s reliability, quality of work, initiative, professionalism and uniqueness of contribution in your nomination letter. 1200 character/200 word limit for each category
- Avoid using only general statements--the Student Employee of the Year should be a student of whom you speak highly.