Application - Choosing a Medical School
Medical School Application
Choosing a medical school
Many factors should be considered when choosing medical schools such as residency restrictions, diversity and location of the school, curriculum, GPA & MCAT score, cost, and program options.
A few additional factors to consider when applying to a medical school:
- Do you prefer a small or large school environment? Do you learn better in a big or small classroom?
- What are the costs of attending and the type of financial aid that is available?
- Is the school connected to a university or is it a free standing institution?
- Which schools have a learning approach that emphasizes primary care, patient education, prevention, and preparation for community practice?
- Consider the location of the school you want to attend.
- What schools have a teaching approach that will work well for you?
- A medical school will consider whether or not your interests and experiences match those of the medical school’s mission, philosophy or research/academic opportunities.
- Do you want to receive a dual degree?
- There are no official rankings of medical schools.