FYIT Hiring Process Information
To fulfill the City and University requirements for becoming an FYIT tutor, please note that all FYIT tutors must complete the following steps before becoming eligible to work:
FYIT is currently accepting applications for the Spring 2017 term. Please also send a letter of interest and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I-9 Form. If you have not worked on campus before you will need to fill out an I-9 form at One Stop (LM 251). You will need either your driver's license AND an original copy of your social security card OR your passport to complete the I-9 form.
- Work Clearance Form. After completing the I-9 form, please inform the FYIT Graduate Assistant, who will then request a work clearance form from the Student Employment office.
- Livescan/Fingerprinting (to be done as soon as possible in the application process). Every tutor working in the San Francisco Unified School District (SFUSD) must be fingerprinted at the SFUSD office and only through SFUSD at the beginning of every academic year. To do this, please do the following:
- Visit www.meetme.so/sfusd to set up an individual Livescan appointment, or call Eva Bel Monte-Pon from San Francisco Unified at 415-241-6101 ext. 3251. Your appointment will be located at:
SFUSD Human Resources
555 Franklin Street,
San Francisco, CA 94012
- Arrive 20 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time with the following items:
- A valid, government-issued photo ID, such as a license or passport
- Social Security Number
- Money Order for $49 (they do not accept cash or credit card)
- Call back in 4 business days to receive results of the Livescan.
- Cost is $49.00, you will be reimbursed (only if you are hired) by returning results and receipt to the Learning & Writing Center in Cowell 215.
- TB Test. The SFUSD requires a TB test every three years. If you have results of a current TB test (completed within the last 3 years), you may fax it to the Learning & Writing Center at (415) 422-2194. If you need a TB test, please do the following:
- Call the USF Student Health Clinic at (415) 750-4980 to make an appointment.
- After your test, return to the Clinic in three days to have the test read. Note: tests will not be read on the weekend.
- If you do not have USF health insurance, the test may cost $30.00- students cannot be reimbursed for this cost.
The Learning, Writing, and Speaking Centers
Learning Center Summer
Closed for summer
* Times Vary- Please check Schedule at myusf.force.com