Student Laptop Program
The computer donation program is available to USF degree-seeking students who do not have the financial means to purchase (or replace a stolen) computer to support their academic performance. This program is strictly need-based with a limited supply of Mac and/or PC computers available for donation, at no cost to the student. Computers may be granted to students with verifiable financial hardships.
All computers donated are intended to support the student’s academic performance and completion of class assignments. The program limit is set as a once-per-lifetime computer donation per student. Students who receive a computer are encouraged to work with ITS to maintain it in order to increase the machine’s longevity.
- The applicant must be currently enrolled in a degree-seeking program in the term of request at the University of San Francisco and have financial hardship.
- Other possible resources such as financial aid through USF or federal means must have been considered and determined to be not available or insufficient.
- The applicant must be able to provide sufficient evidence or documentation of financial hardship.
- The applicant must be in good academic standing. Past or current conduct cases will also be taken into consideration.
Apply Now for a Computer Donation
Application Review Process
Applications received will be reviewed for the following items:
- Application content and the applicant’s history.
- Financial aid status and verifiable financial hardship.
- Past or current conduct cases.
After the review process, applicants will receive an email notifying them of the decision.
Disbursement of Award
Upon approval of an application, Student Life will notify ITS and communicate the student’s preference for Mac or PC. Due to limited supply, the student’s preference for Mac or PC cannot always be honored. ITS will then supply the student with a functional, refurbished Mac or PC computer with appropriate Microsoft Office License.
The laptops provided to students as part of this program are retired computers. These are computers that have been utilized by the University for a period of 3-4 years and then are wiped, restored, and provided to students in need.
If you have further questions or concerns about the Computer Donation Program, please email Sonia Caamano at firstname.lastname@example.org.